Beantwoord

New 4g voor thuis LTE-Router (Huawei) without signal

• 23 februari 2018
  • 5 reacties
  • 269 Bekeken

Yesterday evening I picked up the 4g voor thuis set including the SIM Card in a T-Mobile shop. At home I put the SIM card in the router, switched on power but the router is without a signal (all three lights are off). Also in My T-Mobile I´m not able to activate the account ("mobiele number is nog niet bekend in het system). Is it possible that the SIM has to be activated or some settings with the router have to be adjusted ? In general T-Mobile Netherland network is available (checked with my mobile phone) but the SIM card is not connected to the network and has no signal.

Thanks for your support.
icon

Beste antwoord door Bas 28 februari 2018, 12:54

I'm sorry to hear that the start was not as smooth as we would like it to be, Mmueller. But i'm glad to hear that your internet is working fine now!

Regarding you activation code, did you receive it in the meantime by mail? If not, could you check the spambox for me? It is also possible to login to your router, and view the SMS there. You will need to connect the router to your pc/laptop with a usb-cable, and use your login to get into the system. More about this can be found in this topic. Another option might be that you put your SIM card temporarily in your phone, that way you will receive the SMS with the activation code on your smartphone!

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience! If you have any further questions please let us know, we love to help! 😃
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +19
Hi Mmueller,

Congrats on the new contract! I'm happy to welcome you to the Magenta team!

At this moment I can't seem to activate your contract yet. This is probably because your contract is brand new. Because of this, I want to advise you to wait 48 hours and then try to activate the contract again. If it doesn't work by then, please let us know so we can fix this for you! Of course we want you to use the bundle as soon as possible!

Have a nice weekend for now and we will speak again. 🙂
Yesterday shops were open in Heerlen and I drove -once again- to the T-Mobile shop there.
They confirmed that the SIM card is not activated yet due to a wrong tick in the contract (starting date on the date of transfer from the mobile phone number from other provider instead with immediate effect). The employee in the shop promised to activate the SIM card today (was not possible on Sundays) but up to now it doesn´t work. I filled in all contract details correctly when I ordered online the bundle into the T-Mobile shop. But in the shop the employee entered all data again (why ?) and I can´t check them because there is no paper contract available but the customer receives an e-mail afterwards. And by the way I ordered the bundle for one year but your employee ticked two years (yes of course, more commission for the employee...). In total the T-Mobile service is poor up to now and after 4 days I´m not able to use the purchased service.
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi Mmueller,

Hopefully I can turn this whole unsatisfying experience around and make sure you get what you purchased, as soon as possible! To help you with your issue, I still need some personal information from you, as a security check. Can you send me a private message (via my profile) with the following info: Full name, address, date of birth and the last four numbers of your bank account? With this I can assist you with your issue!

Hope to receive your message soon, so we can resolve this matter!
Given that your colleagues "forgot" to activate the SIM card yesterday I called your hotline yesterday evening. Although the employee from the hotline can´t speak English I was able to tell what I need and she was able to activate the SIM card. So internet is running now. After that I tried to set-up My T-Mobile. But this doesn´t work because the system asked for Verification Code send by SMS. But the telephone number I had entered by registration was not a mobile phone number. So I didn´t receive the SMS. Why is T-Mobile not able to recognize if the telephone number is related to a mobile phone or not ? As alternative I haven´t received the verification code via E-Mail although this is also mentioned.
Reputatie 4
Badge +13
I'm sorry to hear that the start was not as smooth as we would like it to be, Mmueller. But i'm glad to hear that your internet is working fine now!

Regarding you activation code, did you receive it in the meantime by mail? If not, could you check the spambox for me? It is also possible to login to your router, and view the SMS there. You will need to connect the router to your pc/laptop with a usb-cable, and use your login to get into the system. More about this can be found in this topic. Another option might be that you put your SIM card temporarily in your phone, that way you will receive the SMS with the activation code on your smartphone!

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience! If you have any further questions please let us know, we love to help! 😃

Reageer