Beantwoord

Use Mobile Sim Card im 4G Router

• 2 March 2022
  • 6 reacties
  • 399 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties

Hi all, can I use my T-Mobile abbonement SIM card from my telephone in a 4G LTE Router?

I purchased a portable 4G router for my holodays (need laptop connectivity) and entered my SIM card from my phone. Though I can conmect to the network I am unable to get out to the internet.

I am curious if my SIM can function ok as a data sim?

icon

Beste antwoord door eric 2 March 2022, 21:28

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jyester , welcome to the community.

Formally, you are not allowed to use a mobile 06 number in a 4g router.

You could create a wifi access point on your mobile phone 

Thank you very much for your swift response!

I understand I can create a wireless hotspot but that is not sufficient which is why I purchased the 4G router for €100 :)

When you say 'formally' does this mean it is not prefferable or T-Mobile are in some way restricting it?

My thoughts are I pay for the data each month and thus should be able to use it. If there is some restriction in place can this be removed?

When you say 'formally' does this mean it is not prefferable or T-Mobile are in some way restricting it?

My thoughts are I pay for the data each month and thus should be able to use it. If there is some restriction in place can this be removed?

This means that laws and regulations do not allow the use of a mobile telephone number (06) for Machine to Machine (MTM). For the time being, most providers are not actively looking for people who use their 06 numbers for this. But where they notice it, they MUST act in accordance with the laws and regulations and therefore suspend a number.

For M2M are special M2M-Sims available which contain another sort of number which starts with 097.

Thank you I appreciate your valuable feedback. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

T-Mobile does sell these types of subscriptions as well! Check this page 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Moderator edit: re-categorized this topic to 4G voor Thuis.