Beantwoord

[Engels] Traveling to Netherlands for one week, how do I get an E-SIM?

• 7 December 2022
  • 3 reacties
  • 72 Bekeken

Hallo. Ik ben Nederlands aan het leren, maar ik spreek vloeiend Engels. Sorry!

I am possibly traveling from the United States to the Netherlands in a few months and I’d like to have cellular service when I am there. I used T-Mobile before when I visited Czechia and I was very happy with it. My new phone is eSIM only, so I can’t just go into a store and buy a SIM card to swap out. Am I able to get a prepaid eSIM plan online, or do I visit a T-Mobile store once I arrive in the Netherlands to get a small data plan?

Dank jullie wel! (Of bedankt iedereen? haha)

icon

Beste antwoord door eric 7 December 2022, 09:55

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Unfortunatly, for a subscription you need a living adress in the Netherlands, an European bank account and subscriptions run for at least 12 months. 

For prepaid there are indeed possibilities. Go to a T-mobile store and get there the sim and information about the priceplans. Prepaid subscriptions do not come with an E-sim.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @dollartreemustachio 

For how long are you planning to stay in the Netherlands? It will be better to arange a phone with a simcard slot so you can purchase a prepaid simcard.

Hello @dollartreemustachio 

For how long are you planning to stay in the Netherlands? It will be better to arange a phone with a simcard slot so you can purchase a prepaid simcard.

Hi there Waqqas. My trip is for about one week (though I would’ve liked it to be longer haha). Thanks for your advice!

Unfortunatly, for a subscription you need a living adress in the Netherlands, an European bank account and subscriptions run for at least 12 months. 

For prepaid there are indeed possibilities. Go to a T-mobile store and get there the sim and information about the priceplans. Prepaid subscriptions do not come with an E-sim.

Thank you Eric! I appreciate the information.

I hope you both have a good rest of your day 😀

Reageer