Beantwoord

Extra data sim for other phone

• 8 May 2022
  • 9 reacties
  • 424 Bekeken

hello and greetings.Does T-mobile offer subscriptions with an additional sim card only with internet for a second phone?

I have a subscription for unlimited calls and internet, but I'd like to(of course for an additional fee)use the same DATA(only) for the other phone.
If I used offere the mobile + home package, could I use the sim card that gets to the router as a standard one for the phone,or if not, is there an offer for such an extended subscription?

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 8 May 2022, 09:59

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Django75 

A 097 simcard is meant for tablets and routers, why don't you take another mobile subscription with 120 calling minutes or even unlimited if you want and just use data only.

Both simcards are independant and can be used at the same time.

https://www.t-mobile.nl/mobiel-abonnement/sim-only?shop=product&ch=es&cc=con&sc=acq&dr=24&pr=GOP45,GAP58

Thanks for the short, but to the point info. that's exactly what I need to know.

Stay care.

Your original request was about sharing the unlimited data from your primary subscription.

Please be aware that your second subscription does not do that.

Thanks for the short, but to the point info. that's exactly what I need to know.

Stay care.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

If you bought a separate data only subscription, with it's own databundel, you can use that at the same time as your voice/data subscription in your phone. These are technically independent.

I can imagine that the restriction of only one active sim at avtive (so you can not be called while using data on an Ipad) are not really what you are looking for. As the standard 06 sims are, by law, not allowed in a router, T-Mobile has a different data only sim product with a 097 number. Allowed in routers and you can use data/voice for your phone at the same time.

Hi  Eric.Thanx for sugestion.

this is exactly what I was looking for and I already have to pick up at t.mobile. the only question is whether this sim is independent of my sim for unlimited calls and internet. can I use the network simultaneously at same time with both sim cards on two different devices?

T-Mobile offers duo sim which gives you 2 simcards with the same number and bundle, one condition for duo sim is that only one sim can be active at a time so the other phone has to be switched off or be in plane mode.

I’d love to use that, but unfortunately duo sim is incompatible with multi-sim.

Might not be an issue for @Django75 though.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

I can imagine that the restriction of only one active sim at avtive (so you can not be called while using data on an Ipad) are not really what you are looking for. As the standard 06 sims are, by law, not allowed in a router, T-Mobile has a different data only sim product with a 097 number. Allowed in routers and you can use data/voice for your phone at the same time.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Django75 

T-Mobile offers duo sim which gives you 2 simcards with the same number and bundle, one condition for duo sim is that only one sim can be active at a time so the other phone has to be switched off or be in plane mode. You can apply for a duo sim in your My T-Mobile account and it will cost €35.

https://www.t-mobile.nl/klantenservice/mobiel/veelgestelde-vragen/wat-is-duosim/000217252

A T-Mobile simcard is not meant to be used in a router instead of taking a home subscription as this will overload the mobile network.

The 4G voor Thuis sim is only meant for in the router I guess and does not work abroad.

I’d like that for my cellular iPad, but I don’t think T-Mobile does offer this.

I’m still hoping they will add it to multi-sim someday (currently iPhone + Apple Watch only), like other carriers do.