Beantwoord

A network provider installing fiber in my area. Can I use fiber with t-mobile in that case?

• 1 November 2022
  • 6 reacties
  • 68 Bekeken

Hi all,

I hope you are all doing well. :)

I am not sure if I am allowed to mention names but I am going to skip it for now but a network provider is currently installing fiber in my area. They say that it will be available next spring.

It’s all good news! Then the following question came to my mind, will I be able to update my package and stay with t-mobile or will I have to change my internet provider to access fiber?

Thanks in advance! 

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 2 November 2022, 09:32

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @zparkerdiaz5 

There is no problem in mentioning the name of the party who is installing the Fiber 🙂

Does the postcodecheck on the website still say DSL is availableor does it also say Fiber is being installed?

Hi @Waqqas thanks for your reply. Network provider is kpnnetwerk.nl. This is what they show me for my address.

However, t-mobile website still shows DSL. Maybe it’s just too early for t-mobile to advertise?

Question still stands tho. Will I be able to switch to fiber as t-mobile customer?​​​​​​

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@zparkerdiaz5 

Once the KPN Fiber is installed in your house and you have a Fiber connection point then you'll see Fiber in the postcodecheck and you'll be able to upgrade to Fiber.

Migrating from DSL to Fiber can be done via your T-Mobile thuis account.

@Waqqas it’s great to hear that! Thanks and have a nice day!

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @zparkerdiaz5, @Waqqas has already given the perfect answer so my only contribution is to exclaim how correct the answer is! 😄 Good luck with the upgrade to Fiber and if there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. We'd be more than happy to help! 🙋‍♂️

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Waqqas thanks for your reply. Network provider is kpnnetwerk.nl. This is what they show me for my address.

However, t-mobile website still shows DSL. Maybe it’s just too early for t-mobile to advertise?

Question still stands tho. Will I be able to switch to fiber as t-mobile customer?​​​​​​

As soon the fiber is terminated in your home DSL is declared End Of Sale and after 36Months End Of Life. So switching to fiber is mandatory 😎 (only applies on KPN NetwerkNL )

Reageer