Beantwoord

Relocation to a new address

• is een Master Poster
  • 18 reacties

Hi,

I am planning to move to a new house in August within the same city I live in presently. While I know the procedure to a decent extent, I would be happy to know it again clearly and also if there is any change in the procedure.

Another main thing I wanted to know is the possibility to have the connection active in old address for at least a week even after the connection in new address is activated. Is it possible at a pro-rata based cost? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 12 June 2021, 22:46

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Udhaya 

Here you can read everything about moving to a new address.

https://community.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-van-bestelling-tot-installatie-496/info-ik-ga-verhuizen-wat-nu-276340

You can arrange your move in your T-Mobile account and once the connection is ready at your new address, you cannot keep the connection at your old address too.

Maybe you can start a new subscription at your new address and cancel your current one when you want? Please cancel 1 month before the actual date you want it to be cancelled because of a 1 month cancellation period.

Hello @Udhaya 

Here you can read everything about moving to a new address.

https://community.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-van-bestelling-tot-installatie-496/info-ik-ga-verhuizen-wat-nu-276340

You can arrange your move in your T-Mobile account and once the connection is ready at your new address, you cannot keep the connection at your old address too.

Maybe you can start a new subscription at your new address and cancel your current one when you want? Please cancel 1 month before the actual date you want it to be cancelled because of a 1 month cancellation period.

Thanks, Waqqas. It’s a good idea indeed to ask for new connection. How long is the lead time to get the connection activated (including installation of hardware) from the day of application?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Udhaya 

For DSL it could take around 2 weeks and for fiber it'll take longer because of scheduling an appointment with the mechanic etc.

Both DSL and fiber can have a further delay if the connection to your house is not ready or if there is a problem.

@Udhaya

For DSL it could take around 2 weeks and for fiber it'll take longer because of scheduling an appointment with the mechanic etc.

Both DSL and fiber can have a further delay if the connection to your house is not ready or if there is a problem.

Hi @Waqqas 

Now I see I have two options:

1. Option 1:

To buy a new connection for the new address. My questions then:

1a) Is there a one time payment (like installation cost, hardware cost etc.)?

1b) Can I choose a specific day for activation?

1c) If for example I choose my activation date as 15th Aug, will the bill for first month be only for the 15 days (= half the price of regular monthly bill)?

Option 2:

To transfer the existing connection to the new address:

2a) Is there a one time payment (like installation cost, hardware cost etc.)?

2b) Can I choose a specific day for activation?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Udhaya 

If you buy a new subscription from the T-Mobile website then you will automatically see extra costs like activation and installation (only Fiber), you can choose a date on which you wish to start the subscription and if your subscription starts on 15 August then you get billed for the period of 15 August to 15 Sept.

For moving your subscription you'll also start a new subscription and pay for activation and installation in case of Fiber, for the hardware you'll receive information via email and you can also choose the date on which you are moving. Apply for a move 4 weeks before your actual move so T-Mobile has enough time to arrange everything.

Hello @Udhaya 

If you buy a new subscription from the T-Mobile website then you will automatically see extra costs like activation and installation (only Fiber), you can choose a date on which you wish to start the subscription and if your subscription starts on 15 August then you get billed for the period of 15 August to 15 Sept.

For moving your subscription you'll also start a new subscription and pay for activation and installation in case of Fiber, for the hardware you'll receive information via email and you can also choose the date on which you are moving. Apply for a move 4 weeks before your actual move so T-Mobile has enough time to arrange everything.

Thanks!

So for my existing connection, my billing cycle starts from 1st day of every month. Thus, if I terminate it on the 15th of a month, I will have to pay only half of the monthly bill, right?

And I think you missed this question also... Can I choose  particular date of activation?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Udhaya 

If your subscription starts on 15 Aug for example than you will be billed for the period of 15 Aug to 15 Sept, you wil pay for a full month.

While ordering you can choose a date you wish your subscription starts on.

Hello @Udhaya 

If your subscription starts on 15 Aug for example than you will be billed for the period of 15 Aug to 15 Sept, you wil pay for a full month.

While ordering you can choose a date you wish your subscription starts on.

Hi Waqqas,

Thanks... And sorry again... My question is a bit different.

In my existing connection, my billing starts on the 1st of every month. But now if I am going to terminate it on 15th of August (for example), then for August, do I pay only half the price of my monthly package price?

In other words I use only 15 days of my billing cycle before I terminate. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Udhaya 

If you cancel it on the 15th of August then your contract will end on the 15th of Sept because of the 1 month cancellation period.

Than the contract will have to be cancelled on the 15th of July so it will actually be cancelled on the 15 of Aug.

For July you'll pay for the full month and for August you'll pay for 15 days 

@Udhaya

If you cancel it on the 15th of August then your contract will end on the 15th of Sept because of the 1 month cancellation period.

Than the contract will have to be cancelled on the 15th of July so it will actually be cancelled on the 15 of Aug.

For July you'll pay for the full month and for August you'll pay for 15 days 

Super clear, thanks

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

So if you are going for a new connection on your new address and you want your current one ended on 15 August for example then the cancellation has to be submitted on 15 July.

Reageer