Beantwoord

Terminate Internet Contract

• 30 May 2022
  • 7 reacties
  • 433 Bekeken

Hi,

I am relocating abroad and need to cancel my internet contract. I tried to cancel via phone but the recorded voice only speaks Dutch.

Thank you

Mattia

icon

Beste antwoord door Jason van Odido 30 May 2022, 17:01

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @mattiazeni, welcome to the Community!

First and most importantly: congratulations on your relocation, all the best and take care! 😄

In order to cancel a subscription that's running within an annual contract, we need a proof of changing residence (proof of relocation). A proof of relocation is an official document.

The following is eligible as a proof of moving: termination of rental contract from the landlord or a buyer's contract from an owner-occupied home. It can also be a lease or purchase agreement for the new address. Finally, we also accept proof of registration from the municipality (BRP). Can you please send us one of the above documents? Thanks so much!

You can find more information about this at our Community: Ik ga verhuizen, wat nu? | T-Mobile Community. If Dutch isn't easily readable for you, I'll gladly help translate the information.

Regarding the proof of moving: you can send it in this topic by clicking on the little picture icon at the top of your reply-box; please make sure any personal info is blacked out/deleted.

The easiest way to cancel a contract and send the requested documents too is by sending us a private message via either Facebook or Twitter: Contact met de T-Mobile voor thuis klantenservice | T-Mobile Community.

Hi Jason, thank you for your message. In the contract I signed in May 2019 I read:

Je bent deze overeenkomst met T-Mobile Thuis aangegaan. Deze overeenkomst heeft een looptijd van één (1) jaar en vangt aan op de dag dat de dienst actief is. Na het einde van de minimumduur kan de overeenkomst worden opgezegd met inachtneming van een opzegtermijn van tenminste één (1) maand.

From this I understand that the contract expired in May 2020 and I can now terminate freely with one month notice. Is that the case? If yes, what information do you need to terminate it? It is hard for me to produce relocation documentation (unless you accept it in Italian). I would like to avoid that if it is not needed, which seems the case here.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @mattiazeni 

That's right, just make sure your klantnummer is filled in in your community account. Click on your profile picture > instellingen > bewerk profiel.

Hello @Waqqas thank you. Yes the klantnummer is already filled in in the account.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @mattiazeni, ah yes that’s true! You’re free to terminate the contract with a one month term of notice. 

@Waqqas and @mattiazeni Unfortunately simply adding the klantnummer to your profile isn’t enough verification on its own: the GDPR requires us to identify several layers of the ID-check prior to looking up/changing personal information regarding a contract. Having said that, your email address does show up on the contract and that alone meets the ID-check standard since you’ve already logged in to both the Community and have registered your email via T-Mobile.

I’ve cancelled the contract and it expires on June 29th. You may dispose of the Huawei modem by either bringing it to a recycling point (milieustraat) or by throwing it away.

Thanks a lot @Jason!

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

You’re welcome @mattiazeni: please enjoy your new home and relocate safely! Hope to see you again sometime in the future! 🙋‍♂️