Beantwoord

Traffic / Port blocked ?

• 17 September 2021
  • 3 reacties
  • 353 Bekeken

Hi, customer support couldn’t help me so here I am…

I would like to know if there are any traffic / port blocking implemented in t-mobile thuis internet ?

I have a 750 T-mobile fiber subscription in twente.

I am trying to experiment with running Daedalus software and it requires several TCP ports open, including port 3001. The node isn’t able to connect and the support is blaming network/ISP, firewall or anti-virus software.

I would like to clarify if there are any ports or traffic blocked by t-mobile ?

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 17 September 2021, 11:42

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @haevaristo 

These are the ports blocked or reserved by T-Mobile.

Which T-Mobile modem do you have?

When opening ports please make sure that all the fields are filled in correctly, you can share a picture of the settings if you are unsure.

Also make sure that the device for which you are opening ports for has a static IP address.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am currently not running the original modem of T-Mobile. I have a https://mikrotik.com/product/crs309_1g_8s_in with an SFP fiber interface. So I don’t expect it to be a problem on my end of the network, if there is indeed any problem with the network …

I still suspect the software is faulty, but I would like to have some sort of confirmation.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am currently not running the original modem of T-Mobile. I have a https://mikrotik.com/product/crs309_1g_8s_in with an SFP fiber interface. So I don’t expect it to be a problem on my end of the network, if there is indeed any problem with the network …

I still suspect the software is faulty, but I would like to have some sort of confirmation.

It's an issue caused on your own device. 

T-Mobile doesn't block any ports when your using your own devices, the ports blocked - in the topic @Waqqas mentioned - are blocked on modems which are supplied by T-Mobile.