Beantwoord

iPhoneX - terrible reception

• 7 april 2019
  • 1 reactie
  • 894 Bekeken

Hi,
i have since October last year an iPhoneX, and I notice in the beginning already that the reception (dekking) was worse than with my iPhone6S. I thought that maybe an provider update would fix that.
Now however it is so bad that even outside, in the middle of Amsterdam, not between tight houses i have 1 or 2 bars and internet is slow. At home my room mate has also a t-mobile contract with an iPhone6S still.. he has in the house full reception. I have 2 bars....
I have all the latest updates and all. Any idea? I read that it might be something with the phone actually.

thanks for the help
Chris
icon

Beste antwoord door David 8 april 2019, 10:56

Hi Chris,

That doesn't sound good at all! Hopefully we can figure out what's the cause of these issues.

Since you're experiencing these issues everywhere and not just at home, we can rule out a network issue, since the coverage in Amsterdam is very strong and fast. Have you tried a "kruistest" already? This is where you place your sim card in another phone and vice versa. If the sim card doesn't work in the other phone, then it's fair to assume that you need a new sim card. If the sim card does work in the other phone, then it's quite likely that this is a hardware malfunction. The iPhone X does have some network issues, so we can't rule out the possibility that this is also the case with your phone.

Let us know what the results of the test was and we'll help you with your problem as soon as possible!
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi Chris,

That doesn't sound good at all! Hopefully we can figure out what's the cause of these issues.

Since you're experiencing these issues everywhere and not just at home, we can rule out a network issue, since the coverage in Amsterdam is very strong and fast. Have you tried a "kruistest" already? This is where you place your sim card in another phone and vice versa. If the sim card doesn't work in the other phone, then it's fair to assume that you need a new sim card. If the sim card does work in the other phone, then it's quite likely that this is a hardware malfunction. The iPhone X does have some network issues, so we can't rule out the possibility that this is also the case with your phone.

Let us know what the results of the test was and we'll help you with your problem as soon as possible!

Reageer