Beantwoord

T-Mobile App on Apple U.S. Store?

• 2 juni 2017
  • 5 reacties
  • 157 Bekeken

My iTunes account default country is U.S. and i do not want to change the store for the period of time i stay at Netherlands. Is there any option like downloading the IPA file and install it manually or making it available on other stores something like what ING bank did?

Cheers,
icon

Beste antwoord door Lodan 3 juni 2017, 17:21

Hi Kourosh Maheri, welcome on the T-Mobile customer forum :)

Unfortunately it isn't possible to aquire the IPA file to install without a Dutch iTunes account. (Except Jailbreaks, which I do not cover after this).

T-Mobile NL doesn't see the necessity to make the app available in other counties AppStores. Mainly because the contract for T-Mobile requires a Dutch address and shouldn't be used for no longer than 4 months outside the Netherlands. This to prevent persons buying cheaper subscriptions and using it in their more expensive countries.

Best what you can do is create a new iTunes account without payment details, install the app and switch back to the US app-store. Other than that, if you have a friend with a Dutch iTunes account, you might "lend" their accounts (and install from their accounts). They even could inform you if there's an update on the app so you can take time to get the update.

Kind regards,
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Badge +9
Hi Kourosh Maheri, welcome on the T-Mobile customer forum :)

Unfortunately it isn't possible to aquire the IPA file to install without a Dutch iTunes account. (Except Jailbreaks, which I do not cover after this).

T-Mobile NL doesn't see the necessity to make the app available in other counties AppStores. Mainly because the contract for T-Mobile requires a Dutch address and shouldn't be used for no longer than 4 months outside the Netherlands. This to prevent persons buying cheaper subscriptions and using it in their more expensive countries.

Best what you can do is create a new iTunes account without payment details, install the app and switch back to the US app-store. Other than that, if you have a friend with a Dutch iTunes account, you might "lend" their accounts (and install from their accounts). They even could inform you if there's an update on the app so you can take time to get the update.

Kind regards,
Many thanks for the info, tried creating a new Apple ID but unfortunately they do not support IDEAL. using a friends ID is promising Approach! all the best.
I forgot to add, on U.S. store many other T-Mobile services are available like for Austria. I stay here for a period of a year. I guess providing that app in future might be helpful for other customers.
Badge +9
Hi Kourosh Maheri,

Easiest way to prevent adding payment options is to log off, switch to the Dutch Appstore, and when you click on "Gratis" (free) it asks to login or create an account. There you have the possibility to choose for "Geen" (none)

I hope they will make it available in more countries, but I'm almost certain they won't do that as there are workarounds which aren't too hard for most people. All you need is an extra email-address 😉
many thanks once again. Have a perfect time ahead!

Reageer