Beantwoord

Sim only to phone subscription

• 14 mei 2019
  • 14 reacties
  • 1746 Bekeken

Good day,

9 months ago, back in 2018, I switched to T-Mobile since you guys have much friendlier prices and my old Vadafone contract was ending. Back then I was told at a T-Mobile shop in The Hague that the renewal into a new contract and operator will occur automatically and once it has settled I can drop by and pick up a new phone with a subscription. Which I was rejected from a month later when I came to pick up the new phone because apparently I had signed a sim-only contract, which I wasn't aware of as I thought I was getting a subscription explained by your employee. Some months later I made another attempt to get in touch with customer service, but the same answer - I have a sim only contract and it expires in 2020 and all they can offer me is to terminate my contract which costs a fee. Another of your employees did make an effort to terminate and switch my contract for free, but with no success, unfortunately.

What are my options still here to switch to a subscription with a phone? I'm afraid my old iPhone will not last for another year or even a month and I would like to switch my contract to a phone contract. This far I've been getting different answers each time I set a foot at a T-mobile shop, which is really frustrating. Depending on how big is the fee, I would be up for terminating my contract and switching to a new one. Even though I think it's such a pity I have been misinformed. I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Annija
icon

Beste antwoord door Folkert 14 mei 2019, 10:36

Hi Annija,

All depends on the Sim Only contract you have started back in 2018. If this is a Basis Sim Only you can't change to a new contract but if it's a Go Sim Only you can opt for so called "Toestel flexibiliteit", which means you can start a new contract for 1 or 2 years with a new phone and the current one will be terminated.

Please let me know what is your current contract. All rules are described in https://www.t-mobile.nl/consumer/media/pdf/shop/abonnementen/stel-samen-stel-bij/voorwaarden-toestel-flexibiliteit-2016.pdf although it's written in Dutch.

Kind regards, Folkert
Bekijk origineel

14 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +18
Hi Annija,

All depends on the Sim Only contract you have started back in 2018. If this is a Basis Sim Only you can't change to a new contract but if it's a Go Sim Only you can opt for so called "Toestel flexibiliteit", which means you can start a new contract for 1 or 2 years with a new phone and the current one will be terminated.

Please let me know what is your current contract. All rules are described in https://www.t-mobile.nl/consumer/media/pdf/shop/abonnementen/stel-samen-stel-bij/voorwaarden-toestel-flexibiliteit-2016.pdf although it's written in Dutch.

Kind regards, Folkert
Thanks for your answer, Folkert!

I looked into the rules you sent, and yes, I have a Go Sim Only plan. Toestel flexibiliteit seems like a good solution. So would that mean I can switch to another contract earlier? And what are the costs?

Kind regards,
Annija
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi Annija,

I checked your information to see if you can choose this option and you can! If you choose a subscription with a device, your current Sim Only subscription will be terminated and you will start a new contract with us. The costs of the subscription depend on what device and what subscription you choose. You can contact our sales department for free and they can help you make a choice if you want to. You can reach them on this free number 0800 8104.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!
Dear Hajar,

Fantastic, thanks for the info! 🙂
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
You're welcome! 😊
Good morning!

I'm opening up this thread once again since opting for toestel flexibiliteit did not immediately work out as planned. There was an issue due to my Go Sim Only contract being a two year contract instead of one, which is not what I agreed for when I signed the contract. Initially when signing the contract I was told that once my old device would had finished its life cycle, I could subscribe for a new one. One year contract would have allowed me to opt for toestel flexibiliteit and a subscription with a device after 8 months of being a client since I do not own a Dutch ID. So I went to the shop where I signed y contract and your colleagues understood the whole situation, kindly helped me at the shop and after being given a permission began an official case to convert my contract to a one year contract so that I would be eligible for a new device subscription. There was a lot of calling and waiting but the issue seemed to be resolving just fine. Then they told me they would get in touch with me in 4-5 days, yet it's been 9 and I haven't heard anything back yet. I avoided calling customer service this time, but contacting you because I kept on loosing connection and it's difficult to tell the whole story all over again haha 🙂

Thank you in advance and I hope you can shed some light for me on this ongoing situation!

Kind regards,
Annija
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
HI Annija,

Can you tell me which shop you visited? Have they contacted you already? I don't see a case in our system regarding this. Please let me know so I can help you further.
The shop I visited was also the one where I signed my contract in the first place - Grote Marktstraat 16, The Hague. The manager gave the permission to start the case and everything seemed to be going ok. And no, I haven't heard anything for 11 days now, therefore wondering what's been going on. Thanks Hajar for checking!
Reputatie 7
Badge +19
Hi Annija,

No worries, I immediately changed your contract to 12 months! You can also see this in your My T-Mobile; it's now ending at 27-08-2019 so this way you can follow your initial plan of changing with Toestel Flexibiliteit!

I'm sorry for the delay in this but I hope I made it right. 😄

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!
Thank you so much Jaimy! Everything finally worked out! :))
Reputatie 7
Badge +19
You're very welcome!

Have a nice day. 👍
Good day,
I'm writing in this thread because I think I'm having a similar issue. I have a GO Sim only subscription for two years, and I made a contract with my brother (joint) on the same day, on September 2018. We went to a T-mobile store the other day in Amsterdam to change it to a phone subscription. My brother's contract can be changed, but mine could not. It says that I'm in my early renewal, and I can only change it around May 2020. I got the same advice to call the customer service to break open my contract which would require additional fees. Why is this so? I don't quite understand my situation because my brother who has the same contract was able to change it to the one with phone subscription. Can you please help? Thank you in advance.

Best,
Vinita
Reputatie 7
Badge +18
Hi Vinita,

If you have a Sim Only subscription it should be possible to opt for a new contract with a phone via so called "Toestel Flexibiliteit". Just wait for a moderator to check if this is an option for you.

You can read the details here, I hope Google Translate can help you...

Best, Folkert
Thank you for your answer Folkert! I looked into the rules and I hope it applies to my subscription. But I think it's better to wait because when I called the customer service they can only opt for breaking open my contract which means I'd have to pay extra fees. I just wanted to make sure if it really is my last option, or if there are other options to change my contract to the one with a phone.

Best,
Vinita

Reageer