Beantwoord

fiber is not working

• 2 June 2020
  • 9 reacties
  • 304 Bekeken

• is een nieuwe Poster
  • 4 reacties

Hi everyone, sorry for not writing in Dutch.

Since last Friday I have no TV/Internet at home. Fiber connection breaks every 4-5 minutes. See attached picture of Draytek Vigor2132FVn router. Wi-Fi connection is available but no Internet. TV is not working and during the fiber break time the picture is frozen. I tried different methods of resetting the router, like factory reset and turning on and off, nothing works. Any suggestions ?

icon

Beste antwoord door Sander 9 June 2020, 14:03

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Reputatie 7

Hi @Ivan78, that's no problem, English is fine. :slight_smile: I see that my colleague already sent out an order for a mechanic to check the connection, excellent. In the meantime we’ll see what we can do. It looks like the modem keeps getting (or fails to get) a new IP address. Have you tried doing a factory reset? You can do this by pressing the small pin at the back of the modem with a paperclip or toothpick for about 10 seconds. Could you also check the fiber cable going to the modem? It might simply be the case of loose hardware connection causing disconnects. If the issues persist after doing this then our mechanic will give everything a thorough check to see what the issue might be!

Yesterday after posting the picture of Vigor router, the home-internet became stable for a entire night and even today everything was fine, no fiber drops at all, but after the lunch time it started to hiccup again. What was the reason of fixing the fiber connection to my home I have no idea, magic. Hey T-Mobile could you please help to do it again ? I suspect my IP hasn’t changed.

Yeah, the mechanic should be on Friday. Hope he will help. Regarding the factory reset, I yes I tried but it didn’t help. The wired connection seems like good enough, everything is properly connected.

Reputatie 7

Yesterday after posting the picture of Vigor router, the home-internet became stable for a entire night and even today everything was fine, no fiber drops at all, but after the lunch time it started to hiccup again. What was the reason of fixing the fiber connection to my home I have no idea, magic. Hey T-Mobile could you please help to do it again ? I suspect my IP hasn’t changed.

Hi Ivan, I wish I could fix it for you remotely but I suspect it’s a hardware issue because the connection itself seems to be fine when there actually is one but it’s just not getting it most of the time. This could be either on your end (modem, FTU) or in the data center and we’ll see to getting that sorted as quickly as possible!

Mechanic came on Friday, he said it’s not a router issue, there is a fiber connection problem between my home and somewhere else like in a data center. I asked what should I do to get internet and TV back again, within 48 hours this issue should be somehow handled (even during weekend) and I will be informed by the main office. Time is ticking, 48 hours past, still no internet, no TV, no any message from the main office.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Ivan78,

I see the feedback of the mechanic who visited you last friday. We have the disconnections under examination. As soon as we know the best course of action, we'll let you know. THis is either a phonecall from our networkoperator or a e-mail by us. Will you keep us updated here? 

Hi @Sander Today I got a phone call from a technical department of T-Mobile. They scheduled to come tomorrow. Seems like they are going to check the fiber cable between the modem and somewhere outside of my home.

Reputatie 7

Hey @Ivan78,

When I look into your details the problem should be solved, that's great news! Let us know if you still experience some problems. We're here for help. :relaxed:

Reputatie 7

Hi @Ivan78

I hear that the problem has been solved, but I prefer it from you yourself! What was the problem? Is there something we (the community) can learn from?

Reageer