Beantwoord

from ADSL to Cable or fiber?

• 30 September 2021
  • 5 reacties
  • 79 Bekeken

Early this month, I just moved in to my new place and request a T-Mobile offer for internet (internet basic).

For the first time today, I was able to connect and discovering that the connection is very very slow in download (0.13 Mbps) so no online gaming is possible and almost no websurfing either.

By searching for other offers from T-Mobile, I can only see the 100 mBps ADSL offer as an update. This would still be too slow and I am wondering how to get my house connected to cable or fiber.

I have notice that ZIGGO can provide me with a 1000Mbps connection with cable so I guess T-Mobile could do the same or at least propose me with a cable offer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

regards

Stephane

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 30 September 2021, 00:18

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @srobinot 

T-Mobile provides there services via DSL or Fiber. Please check the Postcodecheck to see what's available at your address, another offer cannot be given unfortunately.

Ziggo provides internet via the COAX cable which is a different network. Which subscription do you have at the moment? Your download should not be so slow.

Currently I have the internet basic of 50Mbps. The wifi works great but using the land internet is terrible (I am using cpl connectors from tp-links).

maybe the ziggo solution with coax would be better but I would like to understand before making a move. 
and based on postcodecheck, I can only upgrade to dsl 100 Mbps. 
is there no way to ask for fiber ?

thanks

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @srobinot 

What speeds are you getting on WiFi? Also try connecting a laptop to the T-Mobile modem with a cabled connection and using the ookla speedtest app, what speed do you get than?

For Fiber there needs to be a Fiber network in your area, if rhere isn't (according to the postcodecheck) then there is no option to get Fiber.

You could apply for Fiber via the website kpnnetwerk.nl and they'll take about 10-15 weeks to investigate the possibility.

Hello @srobinot 

What speeds are you getting on WiFi? Also try connecting a laptop to the T-Mobile modem with a cabled connection and using the ookla speedtest app, what speed do you get than?

For Fiber there needs to be a Fiber network in your area, if rhere isn't (according to the postcodecheck) then there is no option to get Fiber.

You could apply for Fiber via the website kpnnetwerk.nl and they'll take about 10-15 weeks to investigate the possibility.

So I tried the wifi and the results are very good (Ping 14ms / Download 41.84 Mbps / Upload 27.21 Mbps).

Connecting the laptop directly on the box gives even better results ( ping 11ms / download 46.19 Mbps / upload 26.86 Mbps).

So I guess my wall socket is some how not functionning well. I have changed and I have currently Ping 16ms / download 47.28 Mbps / Upload 27.30 Mbps). But numbers are changing very much as a second try gives me the following results: 12 / 29.80 / 25.10.

What could be the reason and how to be assured to have a better download / upload?

thanks anyway for the previous messages as it helped me a lot.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @srobinot 

The incoming line seems ok because when connected to the modem with a cable, you get good speeds,

What exactly do you mean with I have changed?