Beantwoord

Home internet

• 24 August 2022
  • 15 reacties
  • 209 Bekeken

Hello Boris,

I'm writing in this forum after calling and emailing for nearly a month to customer service and no positive result was given after that. I subscribed to 1Gbs speed internet but at the beginning of August but the speed internet is not even reaching 100mbs I did the test with the cable internet. Please I need support to reach the speed internet subscribed as I need to work from home sometimes and I can't work properly.

Let me know what actions are need it to have it fixed the soonest as possible, as it is affecting my job.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Daniel

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 26 August 2022, 11:29

Bekijk origineel

15 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Daniel Ocana 

It looks like your speed gets capped on 100 Mbps somewhere in your network.

Please perform a speedtest with a wired laptop/pc (minimum CAT5E internetcable) directly connected to the T-Mobile router using the Ookla speedtest app so no switch or another router in between.

You can also try another internetcable.

The internetcable between mediaconverter and router could also be replaced if above doesn't help 

Hello Waqqas

This is the restult after connecting again my laptop with the home internet with the internet cable

Looking forward to your comments

Regards

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi @Daniel Ocana

Can you check the speed of the network card in the pc/laptop.

https://windowsreport.com/check-network-card-speed-windows-10/#:~:text=Open%20up%20the%20Settings%20app,Fi%2FEthernet%20network%20adapter%20card

Does this problem only occur on one devices or on multiple? What does a speedtest show on your phone for example. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Daniel Ocana

Which router do you have?

Can you browse to 192.168.1.1 and log in with admin and the Login Password on the back of your router?

Check under systeeminformatie if WAN shows 1000mb or 100mb. You can also click on > next to systeeminformatie to check the speed for each port.

Following the link with the steps I have this speed (only using wifi, not conected to the cable)

https://windowsreport.com/check-network-card-speed-windows-10/#:~:text=Open%20up%20the%20Settings%20app,Fi%2FEthernet%20network%20adapter%20card

this means all is correct? Or I have to change something?
Regads

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Alright for Wifi that looks fine. 

Can you do a speedtest on Wifi to see if it exceeds the 100mbit. 

If not check what @Waqqas suggested if the WAN is on 1000Mbit or not. 

If it exceeds the 100Mbit do the same checks for a wired connection direcly to the modem. 

Hello, please find the imagine, I think seems ok right?

and wifi test with the phone right now

and cable wifi test 

Please let me know if looks fine

Regards 

Daniel

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Daniel Ocana

Your router receives 1000 Mbps so that's good, WiFi also looks good but LAN port 2 has a speed of maximum 100 Mbps.

Please connect the device where you are testing the speed on directly to the router using a wired connection (no switches) and the Ookla speedtest app.

Try using another pc/laptop, another internetcable or another port on the router. Other testservers in the ooklah speedtest app can also be tried.

Hello,

I received today a new internet cable from T-mobile and after connecting to my router, still, I have the same results

also the speed check with the cable connected to my laptop 

still I don't get the proper internet I subscribed in August, my partner and me can't work properly at home and it is causing troubles in our works. I need a solution asap. 

Regards

Daniel

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Daniel Ocana

Your router receives 1000 Mbps so that's good, WiFi also looks good but LAN port 2 has a speed of maximum 100 Mbps.

Please connect the device where you are testing the speed on directly to the router using a wired connection (no switches) and the Ookla speedtest app.

Try using another pc/laptop, another internetcable or another port on the router. Other testservers in the ooklah speedtest app can also be tried.

@Daniel Ocana 

Did you try the above mentioned things?

Reputatie 7

Hi @Daniel Ocana,

My apologies for the late response. I see that @Waqqas has already helped really great. We'd like to help you out, but want to make sure that we're looking at the right issue. The latest tips Waqqas has offered might help us pinpoint the exact issue. Are you able to test another port? Thanks in advance.

Reputatie 6
Badge

Hello,

I received today a new internet cable from T-mobile and after connecting to my router, still, I have the same results

also the speed check with the cable connected to my laptop 

still I don't get the proper internet I subscribed in August, my partner and me can't work properly at home and it is causing troubles in our works. I need a solution asap. 

Regards

Daniel

Take  a look at the speed of the lan connection on the screen shot from the modem. That connection is 100Mb only. That can have 2 causes: either the laptop has only a 100 Mb connection  (quite possible, I have seen a number of laptops that only support 100Mb) or the cable is broken. What is the brand/type of the laptop? 

Can you try with another cable?

Hello Louis

I have Dell Latitude 7480 and HP Elitebook 840 G5 and even with the new internet cable from T-MOBILE my internet doesn't reach the speed I subscribed. Can you please bring a technician to fix it?

Nothing is working as it should be.

Looking forward to your comments.

Daniel

Reputatie 6
Badge

Hello Louis

I have Dell Latitude 7480 and HP Elitebook 840 G5 and even with the new internet cable from T-MOBILE my internet doesn't reach the speed I subscribed. Can you please bring a technician to fix it?

Nothing is working as it should be.

Looking forward to your comments.

Daniel

I am a (potential) subscriber, not a morderator so there is nothing I can do to get you an engineer.

Where did you try the new cable? Between ONT/media converter and the modem or between modem and PC?

The WAN connection seems to beOK, but the cable connection between modem and PC is limted to 100 Mb. Looking a the picture the cable on LAN2 looks quite poorly terminated and may need replacement. Did you try another cable between LAN2 and the PC?

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Daniel Ocana, the UTP (ethernet) cable in port 2 definitely looks washed out. Also either the port is somehow limited to 100 Mbit/s or your cable is a cat 5 UTP, which has a max capacity of 100 Mbit/s. Do you have a replacement cable, just like @louisL asked?

Reageer