Beantwoord

home network down

Toon eerste reactie

32 reacties

Update: I have connected my laptop with ethernet cable and there was no internet access while the network was down. So it's not just wifi

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

"So basically your Wifi disconnects several times a day and the Internet and WAN leds are off when the disconnection occurs, is that correct?"

Yes, that is correct. It started happening a couple of months ago -no issues before.

"I didn’t quite catch whether you have a desktop computer or laptop that’s connected via ethernet-cable or not."

No we do not have a device connected via ethernet cable.

A week after I first messaged here, the network has been reliable again but started going off and on again last week, worsening from Thursday onwards. 

I would appreciate your feedback as this issue is disrupting our work a lot (we have video calls etc).

Thank you!

Fran

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

HI @Bordignuzza, thanks for the info. So basically your Wifi disconnects several times a day and the Internet and WAN leds are off when the disconnection occurs, is that correct? I didn’t quite catch whether you have a desktop computer or laptop that’s connected via ethernet-cable or not. If that’s the case, does the wired internet-connection disconnect as well, just like Wifi does? It sounds like an issue related to either the in-house wiring or a problem in the main distribution center. No worries though, like Brian said: we’ll definitely see to getting that fixed! 

Local network meaning WiFi and local cabling is working fine so no prob with the router.

Internet and WAN led lights are off when disconnection happens. Local devices can access WiFi but there is no Internet.

I assume it is a street level issue or something related to the street cabling?

Thanks

Reputatie 7

Hi @Bordignuzza, we’ll see to getting that fixed! By network do you main the actual physical connection, the Wifi or both? What lights are still on on the modem when it happens? If you could supply me this information then I’ll be happy to help! 

Hi, yes I have tried that but with no luck. The network keeps going down, twice today so far.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hi @Bordignuzza 

Have you tried to remove the power from your modem and media converter?

There doesn't seem to be a problem.

Reageer