Beantwoord

installing DrayTek vigor 165 on DSL

• 19 November 2020
  • 3 reacties
  • 714 Bekeken

• is een Top Poster
  • 7 reacties

Hello,

I’m having some problems (random disconnections) and my guess is due to my private router (unifi dream machine).

I have tried different ways to solve the problem, and the last option was to buy a modem I can put in a bridge mode. So I bought DrayTek Vigor 165.

My current problem is that when I connect it, there is no internet. When I log into the DrayTek I see that my WAN is ‘disconnected’:

WAN1: VDSL/DHCP client, Disconnected, MAC address, up time.

When I try to set it up I dont know what parameters I should use: MPoA (active?), PPPoE/A, etc.

Is there a manual/post that explains how to connect the DrayTek modem to T-Mobile?

Thank you,

Shimi

icon

Beste antwoord door shimi 22 November 2020, 20:37

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Does the Draytek have DSL sync? You can find this on the dashboard under Interface. 

There will be no internet on the Draytek because its not configured to work with TM out of the box. 

I have made multiple setup with the Draytek and Ubiquiti USG in the past. I always put the draytek in Bridge mode and let the USG (The dream machine in your case) handle the routing and DHCP.

Log in to the Draytek and go to Internet Access → MPoA / Static or dynamic IP. Check the box next to Enable Full Bridge Mode and clik OK. The devices will reboot. Connect the Dream Machine to LAN1 of the Draytek. 

Hi @TechRacing93 

Thank you for the reply.

For anyone that reads this, the solution is simple, and draytec.nl has a support page with a simple manual.

In short: update the firmware (that’s the trick!), and put the modem in bridge mode (in one of the menu items of the modem, see manual).

What is not in the draytek support is that you need to add vlan 300 to the WAN in the router, just as @TechRacing93 said,

Reputatie 7

Hi @shimi,

Thanks for the update! Along with the tips from Techracing, you can also check out this topic: Eigen modem gebruik op DSL bij T-Mobile Thuis. There are some tips there on use of VLAN's, but I guess you already figured it out! 

Reageer