Beantwoord

Internet download speed around 2,5 Mbps

Reputatie 1

Hello,

Since couple of days, my internet connection is ridiculous slow. As I mention, around 2,5 Mbps. 

I pay for 100 Mbps. I have tried all tricks, with no score. I would like to ask for some help. Thank you.

icon

Beste antwoord door Sander 8 June 2020, 09:30

Bekijk origineel

20 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Dear @zygmunto1 

Please connect a Windows 10 computer by network cable directly to the modem, not by Wifi. Install the Ookla Speedtest app from the Windows Store, don’t use a browser for speedtests. Try again and let us know the results! The T-Mobile network app is not accurate for speed measurements.

If speed is stil not close to 100 Mbit try a factory reset of the modem...

Kind regards, Folkert

Reputatie 1

Dear Folker,

Thank you for your answer. My problem is with trage WIFI connection, not ethernet. I can’t stay on cable, so I need decent WIFI.

OOkla speed test shows 90 Mbps when on cable, but on WIFI, again 2 Mbps. Can connection through WIFI, be excuse for such a poor results? Come on, 2 Mbps!  Something is wrong, because till now everything was ok. I did factory reset few times, but it not helped. I have tried different channels, but also for no positive results. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@zygmunto1

Do you have any kind of routers/switches at home which can cause interference? Try removing them if you have.

Which modem do you have?

Here you can find a lot of wifi tips (Dutch).

https://community.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-internet-492/info-hoe-verbeter-ik-mijn-wifi-276063

Reputatie 1

Hey Waqqas,

I already did all tips. Have no routers/switches. My modem is Huawei HG659. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@zygmunto1 

Have you tested both bands 2,4 Ghz and 5 Ghz?

For 2,4 GHz the best channel is 1, 6 ,11 and bandwith 20 MHz for extra stability, for 5 GHz try channel 36, 40, 44, 48 with bandwith 40 MHz.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

@zygmunto1 Where is your modem located? Try to put it in such a place that WiFi can radiate freely.

Do you experience slow WiFi with more than one device?

Reputatie 1

My laptop see only 2,4 Ghz and is set on channel 1 now. I switched between channels, with help of inSSIDer software. There was no big difference. There are two more 2,4GHz laptops with same story.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

What is the distance between laptop and modem? Any obstacles?

Reputatie 1

Modem is on grounf floor and laptop is on 1st floor. So distance will be 3-4 meters. It was always like that. Suddenly problems occur. Like week ago. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@zygmunto1 

Do you have something like a wifi router or repeater which can be used instead and turn off the wifi of your modem?

This way we can find if there is something wrong with the modem wifi or not.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

In that case maybe something is wrong with the WiFi hardware of the modem. My advise is to call customerservice at 0800 0092 (free of charge), explain the problem, tell them you searched for help on the community. Hopefully they will exchange the modem.

Reputatie 1

@Waqqas I do not have any of those.

Thank you guys for your help. I will call customerservice, as @Folkert recommend. THANKS.

Reputatie 6

@zygmunto1 welcome to the Community! Did you already spoke to our customer service or is there anything I can help you with? Just know that we’re always on standby for more help!

Reputatie 1

Hallo Ginny_TM,

No, i did not spoke to customer service yet. 

Today, even on cable, connection is very slow. Around 20Mbps.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@zygmunto1

Allready tried a factory reset by pressing the reset button on the back of your modem fior about 10 seconds using a small pin?

Reputatie 1

Si senor. I've tried all standard procedures. Not once. It looks, like problem is not on my side. 

Reputatie 1

So, I did contact with customer service, and the source of my issue is in my local exchange and needs to be addressed by the line owner, which is KPN. Of course I can’t contact KPN, because KPN Network can not be contacted by consumers for issues with internet. Also, I was informed, to do not hope that the problem will be solved quickly. Of course, because of, so called Corona crisis. Cunning excuse T-Mobile. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @zygmunto1,

I see you contacted our support. The problem is in the network which causes the connection to be unstable. We're on your side, we want to restore your connection as soon as possible. Either the networkoperator will contact you or we'll update you through e-mail. Fingers crossed!

Reputatie 7

Hi @zygmunto1,

We tried to contact you recently. We saw that your connection is stable and should be uptospeed, but like to hear your experience. Is the speed restored? 

Reputatie 1

Hello, 

It is much better, then before. Thank you.

Reageer