Beantwoord

Internet not connected

Hi, all day today (25 July) my devices can connect to my modem but there is no internet. I have unplugged it several times and nothing is working to fix it. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Boris 27 July 2022, 12:50

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

20 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @BMontgom, I hope that we will be able to get you back online.
Can you try the solutions suggested by @soepkip67 mentioned in this topic

I’m looking forward to hearing from you again. 

Thanks for the tip! I tried it but no success. The power, 2.4G and 5G lights are on. But the Globe light is off. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @BMontgom 

I guess you have a DSL connection?

Is your modem connected directly to the main connection point? Coul you make a photo of the connection point? There is no other connection point in the fusebox, livingroom or somewhere else?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@BMontgom 

When you look in the fusebox, livingroom or somewhere else can you find any of these?

We do have one other outlet and we tried it. But still no 4G or 5G light on.

How can we fix this please? I work from room and it’s really hard to tether all day.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@BMontgom 

Which one of the above do you have? If you have the 3rd one from the left than you could try to screw it open and connect orange and white instead of red and blue.

Do I need to turn off the electricity in my house?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@BMontgom 

No, the wires don't have electricity but if you are still facing a problem than you can share a picture.

I can’t get at it to see the wires? On my outlet they must be tucked behind the wall or something.

What else can I do? We desperately need our home internet to work to do our jobs.

Now we have lost wifi. We no longer see our wifi as an option like we did yesterday. What can we do? 

Can someone come to our house and just fix it? It’s still not working.

Reputatie 7

Hi @BMontgom,

Thanks for your messages and thanks to @Seccie and @Waqqas for the great help as per usual. I've checked the connection right away and can see that the connection has been restored. If you're still experiencing issues, I'd recommend a factory reset of the modem. We've a nifty topic on this: 

Be aware that this will also reset any custom wifi-settings, like an adjusted password. If by any chance you're still experiencing issues with please let us know. In that case, please note the date and time of the hick-up and if you're experiencing this ordeal through wifi or when connected with cable. This way we're able to check the connection with a deep dive.

I did a factory reset and I can connect again to wifi. The 2.4G and 5G lights are back. But when I connect there is no internet. The light with the globe does not come on. What can I do? Can someone come fix this? Enough is enough. It's been several days without internet. Thank you. 

Is there a phone number I call to have someone come look at this? I cannot go another day with service. I need to switch to someone who can provide internet.

Reputatie 7

Hi @BMontgom,

Thanks for notifying us! I’m quite surprised as we see a stable connection coming in. Can you please send me a photo of the backside of the modem and the lights indication? With these I can check if everything is set-up properly and arrange a visit from a technician. In the meantime I also can make sure you have enough data on your phone to set up a hotspot. Are you in possession of a T-Mobile or Tele2 SIM? If so, I’ll get you a voucher to get you Unlimited data. If you do, please send me a private message. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @BMontgom,

Thanks for your reply! I've notified our technicians right away, cause it's clear the problem is on the premises. You'll receive a SMS/e-mail with a link, so you can digitally book an appointment for a visit. Help is on it's way! In the meantime, I will answer your private message. Please let us know how the visit went and if the technician is able to fix the issue. If you have any questions in the meantime, please let us know in this topic.

@Boris we have been working from home by tethering our cell phones. We have unlimited Data but now we received an SMS that says we have used too much and our bandwidth will be reduced. This cannot happen. We are trying to work.

Your support team is coming but the first appointment was on Friday. This is two full weeks without internet. 

Can you please remove the bandwidth limiter? I can DM you our Cell phone numbers, my wife and I.

Thank you.

Reputatie 7

Hi @BMontgom,

Thanks for your update! I’ve send you two vouchers by private message which you can use for 7 days of Unlimited data. With these vouchers there’s no limit to the amount of bytes you use. 

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience, help is on its way.