Beantwoord

Is there a problem with the internet (thuis) in Eindhoven? My internet is super slow now.

• 24 January 2020
  • 32 reacties
  • 1150 Bekeken

Hi,

My internet is super slow this evening (Eindhoven). Is there a problem with the network on Tmobile(Thuis) ?

icon

Beste antwoord door Sander 7 February 2020, 10:19

Bekijk origineel

32 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hey @weslleyt 

Have you all ready tried to reset the modem and in case of fiber restarting the mediaconverter by removing the electricity?

Hey @weslleyt 

Have you all ready tried to reset the modem and in case of fiber restarting the mediaconverter by removing the electricity?

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

Yes, we did it several times. The internet connection is pretty bad since last Friday (specially in the evening). Now the internet speed is better but still far away from the speed that I pay for. The connection is really unstable =/.

Reputatie 7

Hi @weslleyt

Good news: I can confirm there's nothing wrong with our network or the connection of your modem. But we still have to find out why you experience slow internet. Could you elaborate a bit? Could you explain what speed you get on Wifi and on cabled internet? Could you perform a factory reset and tell if this makes any difference? Is it a slow connection or does the connection drop completely? Could you tell (or make a picture) of the connection from your modem to your computer?

This way we can see what could cause the slow connection! And hopefully solve it as well!

Hi @weslleyt

Good news: I can confirm there's nothing wrong with our network or the connection of your modem. But we still have to find out why you experience slow internet. Could you elaborate a bit? Could you explain what speed you get on Wifi and on cabled internet? Could you perform a factory reset and tell if this makes any difference? Is it a slow connection or does the connection drop completely? Could you tell (or make a picture) of the connection from your modem to your computer?

This way we can see what could cause the slow connection! And hopefully solve it as well!

Hi Sander, 

Thank you for your reply. If you are saying that there is nothing wrong on the t-mobile network, so we have a problem. Since we have t-mobile for more than one year and we haven't changed any configuration on the router, so I think the problem is on "your" side.

According to https://www.t-mobile.nl/thuis/internet/speedtest the speed (now) is around 2Mbps (download) and 80Mbps (upload). It suppose to be 200Mpbs (download and upload).  I tested it on wifi and also connecting (on cable) directly to Tmobile router. 

I removed the power several times.. and the connection is still bad. 

Basically the connection here works as follows:

*Tmobile router → (connected by cable to) -> my rotter → My Laptop. 

*fiber optic 

I hope t-mobile can fix it as soon as possible. 

Thank you!

Same problem here, I am in Eindhoven too and I am experiencing this behaviour since two days ago. The speed collapses in the evening.

Same problem here, I am in Eindhoven too and I am experiencing this behaviour since two days ago. The speed collapses in the evening.

Hi Menego, 

I also started experiencing this behaviour a couple of days ago (Friday to be exact). During the day the speed is ok (today around 10h, it was 100Mbps, but it is suppose to be 200Mbps), but last night I got less than 1Mbps =0. 

Well I guess T-Mobile needs to start some investigations if they are not already on it.

Well I guess T-Mobile needs to start some investigations if they are not already on it.

Hi Menego, 

My connection is (still) bad. I called tmobile 0800 0092 and we performed a lot of tests together. They asked me to send an email with the screenshot of the tests… maybe (I hope) they will send someone to fix it. 

If you still have problems with your internet, I recommend you call them.

Hi Weslleyt, yesterday evening seemed to be fine. I wanna check this evening too before claiming it is solved.

Hi Weslleyt, yesterday evening seemed to be fine. I wanna check this evening too before claiming it is solved.

Last evening (around 23h) it was 18Mbps, still far away from 200Mbps. I am (strongly) considering change to other company =/

Last evening (around 23h) it was 18Mbps, still far away from 200Mbps. I am (strongly) considering change to other company =/

Ouch, yes that definitely sucks...I would consider it as well if they do not solve it quickly.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Menego and @weslleyt,

I'll happily start an investigation, but I need some quesstions answered first so I can exclude some factors. 

There are several possible explanations. Here we go!

1. Make sure your networkcard is capable of speeds above 100 Mbit (like broadcom or asheros chipset)

2. Do not use a UTP Optimizer or any other form of switch. This includes routers and other equipment. Connect your lapptop directly to our modem. 

3. Use the speedtest.net desktop app instead of a browser version.

4. Turn firewall off and check other speedreducing software.

5. CPU load is too high

6. Use a direct cabled connection to LAN 1 or 2 and disconnect other hardware for the speedtest.

7. Enable acceleration in the menu of the modem. Menu under LAN => Swich Control : NAT Acceleration

Could you give me feedback on these points so we can exclude these factors?

Hi @Menego and @weslleyt,

I'll happily start an investigation, but I need some quesstions answered first so I can exclude some factors. 

1. Make sure your networkcard is capable of speeds above 100 Mbit (like broadcom or asheros chipset)

2. Do not use a UTP Optimizer or any other form of switch. This includes routers and other equipment. Connect your lapptop directly to our modem. 

5. CPU load is too high

6. Use a direct cabled connection to LAN 1 or 2 and disconnect other hardware for the speedtest.

7. Enable acceleration in the menu of the modem. Menu under LAN => Swich Control : NAT Acceleration

Yep all your suggestions already apply in my case. Only remark, for point 7 I do not have such a menu in my modem dashboard. I have a home gateway HG659

5. CPU load is too high

Hi Sander, 

I have done all of the steps except step 7 because I couldn’t find it in the modem. When can we schedule an appointment with someone from Tmobile to check it here (in my apartment)?

It has been 5 days already that I have internet problems and I don’t see any concrete actions from the tmobile side.

I am a tmobile client for more than 2 years and I've never experienced this kind of treatment before. I've already sent messages here, on twitter, email and I called… but still… nothing.. It is really frustrating.

Reputatie 7

Thanks for the checks! It's hard to investigate since there're only three cases in your zipcode with this speedissue, but I hope it’s enough to find the cause. No matter how small the group, we want everyone to have the appropiate internetspeed. To be continued!

Reputatie 7

Update: we're in contact with the gridoperator. At first glance there doesn't seem to be an issue. We're currently looking at peak hours to see if there's a glitch in internet speed. Could you both test the internet speed tonight (monday) at 20:00 (peak hour)? 

Reputatie 7

Hi @weslleyt  and @Menego ,

Our gridoperator can confirm there aren't any capacity issues. So far there aren't any other customers that have notified their provider with speedissues. Could it be that the speed issues are gone and it was a temporary glitch? If not, then please let me know. 

I confirm that my issue did not come up anymore. It happened only those 3 evenings but since then everything is fine. Anyway I can speak only for myself, I do not know about @weslleyt

Hi @weslleyt  and @Menego ,

Our gridoperator can confirm there aren't any capacity issues. So far there aren't any other customers that have notified their provider with speedissues. Could it be that the speed issues are gone and it was a temporary glitch? If not, then please let me know. 

Hi Sander, 

Indeed the internet is faster now, but it is not the 200Mbps that used to be.

The internet speed suppose to be 200Mbps but I got something between 100 - 130Mbps 😕.

Reputatie 7

For the most part that's great news! For you @weslleyt, can you monitor the speed this weekend? If it's still under 130 Mbps, can you post a recent speedtest? I'll look into further actions for you. 

For the most part that's great news! For you @weslleyt, can you monitor the speed this weekend? If it's still under 130 Mbps, can you post a recent speedtest? I'll look into further actions for you. 

Hi Sander,

I monitored the speed this weekend. The speed was between 100-140. You can check the results in this link: https://t-mobile.speedtestcustom.com/result/0e87ef10-4b83-11ea-bbbd-097046e10e7f

For the most part that's great news! For you @weslleyt, can you monitor the speed this weekend? If it's still under 130 Mbps, can you post a recent speedtest? I'll look into further actions for you. 

Hi Sander, 

Do you have any news about this problem? As you can see in the picture bellow (or in this link https://t-mobile.speedtestcustom.com/result/9460e230-4e7c-11ea-8ef5-678d350e0423 ), after one month we still have speed problems.

It seems that there is something "limiting" the download speed. In "theory", since we use optical fiber, the speed suppose to be the same for Up/Download.

I checked the website and T-mobile is not offering 200Mbps in my zipcode anymore. Do you think that it might be related to the problems I am facing?

Reputatie 7

Hi @weslleyt, apologies for the late reply! We’re still in contact with the grid operator to see if there might be some network issues. They said they couldn’t find anything wrong but we urged them to take a second look. Thank you for the speedtests! I expect to hear something from the grid operator this coming week, we’ll keep you updated!

Hi @weslleyt, apologies for the late reply! We’re still in contact with the grid operator to see if there might be some network issues. They said they couldn’t find anything wrong but we urged them to take a second look. Thank you for the speedtests! I expect to hear something from the grid operator this coming week, we’ll keep you updated!

Hi Brian, 

Do you have any news? As you can see in the picture bellow (or on this link → https://t-mobile.speedtestcustom.com/result/1017b120-5426-11ea-ae06-eb961bd67d1a ), we don't have the 200Mbps. It has been one month already, are we going to have some kind of compensation? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@weslleyt 

Are you using a desktop/laptop which is directly connected to your modem? Try starting tou desktop/laptop in safe mode and perform a speedtest.

Reageer