Beantwoord

Max speed I get is 11-12 Mbps with 50Mbps connection

• 13 December 2021
  • 7 reacties
  • 89 Bekeken

• is een nieuwe Poster
  • 4 reacties

Hi, 

The max speed I can get via T-mobile is 11-12 Mbps lately. I have a 50Mbps connection and this was working fine till last month. In last 2 weeks it has been really slow. Router is connected via DSL and I have tried it using both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz network. 

Have also tried restarting router etc which are labelled as common solutions but nothing helped. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Lisa 15 December 2021, 15:04

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @ukedia 

Could you perform a speedtest by connecting a laptop to the modem via a wired connection and using the ookla speedtest app?

Is your modem also connected to the main isra where the KPN cable is also connected?

Thanks for the reply @Waqqas . 

I did a speedtest using a wired connection and still the speed is capped at 11Mbps. 

Yes, the modem is connected to the main ISRA where the KPN cable is connected. 

Let me know if you need anything else from my side. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@ukedia 

What type of ISRA do you have, could you perhaps post a photo of how the modem is connected to the ISRA?

And if you fill in your postcode on the T-Mobile website > postcodecheck, what is the maximum speed at your address?

@Waqqas

Here are the photos. The DSL wire you see is directly plugged into the modem. 

Max speed is 50Mbps at my address and it was working like that till last month. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@ukedia 

Have you tried a factory reset, maybe it'll help.

Press the reset button at the back of your modem with a needle for example and hold for about 10 seconds.

@Waqqas

Did the reset just now and still it is showing capped at 11Mbps. Is it possible to check from T-mobile side if there are any problems at my place? I am unable to get in touch to customer service as well via chat or phone

Reputatie 7

Hi @ukedia, thanks a lot for adressing that your internet speed isn't what it should be! I'm really glad to see that @Waqqas is such a good helper. I'm more than happy to help you further. In order to give a proper estimation of your speed, I’d like to receive a couple of screenshots of speed tests. Please take a close look at the following steps! If the tests don’t meet the necessary criteria, we can’t start an investigation.

• Go to www.speedtest.net/apps in your browser and download the app for the device on which you want to perform the speed test
  • The computer or laptop has to be connected via an ethernet cable, a speed test of a TV or gaming computer can’t be used
  • Run the speed test. For the best results it’s best to test on several target servers. When you press the big GA-button, you can choose a server. Is the speed below the attainable average? Repeat the test on the same device but with a five minute intermission between the tests
  • Take at least two screenshots of speed tests on different target servers and make sure your whole desktop screen is visible, so we can see the connection type (it's important that it's visible that the speedtest is made with a internet connection via a ethernet cable)
  • Take a screenshot of the taakbeheer (Task Manager, on Windows) or the activiteitenmonitor (Activity Monitor on iOS): In Windows you’ll find this by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL; choose more details if they’re not directly visible In Apple MacOS you can search for "Activity Monitor" from the Spotlight search box
  • Take a screenshot of the IP configuration: Windows: via the search function under shortcut “Windows + R”, type in: “cmd” and press Enter (or search for Opdrachtprompt/Command Prompt in the starting menu).
    After opening, type in: ipconfig / all and press Enter
    Apple MacOS: via the Finder or the Spotlight search window you can open the Terminal app. Type in: /sbin /ifconfig and press Enter. This will display all connections the device has at that specific moment.
  • Please send me the screenshots in one message and make sure that the mentioned steps are followed precisely. 

Thanks a lot for taking the effort. I am looking forward to see the screenshots, so I can send them to our technical department. I really want to fix this for you! 😊