Beantwoord

Moving apartments: need to transfer t-mobile home internet

• 3 January 2023
  • 8 reacties
  • 181 Bekeken

Hi all. I will be moving apartments on Feb 1 (note: within the same neighborhood in Voorburg) and want to transfer and bring my existing t-mobile home internet subscription to the new address. I understand this could be initiated in My T-mobile but I am unable to do that cos I apparently have an outstanding open order since July 2022 that is not processed by T-mobile (I recall this was about a 6-month discount which I never received…) :

Appreciate the assistance on best and fastest next steps, and if there is a way to bypass the automated message straight to operator (apologies, I am not a Dutch speaker).

Thank you so much.

icon

Beste antwoord door nahjannordin 26 January 2023, 14:20

Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

If the system does not allow you, call the customer care. Most of them speak english.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @nahjannordin, congratulations with your new home, how exciting! 😃I was happy to see that you managed to arrange the move with the tip of Eric. If you would like to arrange the move yourself next time around you can also do it under ‘mijn gegevens’ → ‘adres gegevens: verhuizing doorgeven’, which is also accessible with this link: verhuizing doorgeven.

Good luck with moving, I hope you feel at home soon!

Hi all, here I am again with a question related to my move. I’ve managed to report the move for 1-Feb and was informed during that call the internet in my current apartment will continue until 31-Jan.

Yesterday on 24-Jan I received an SMS that installation date is completed (see screenshot of My Order) - 1 week earlier, which is great, except I have not yet moved!

Some questions:

1. What is the difference between an installation date and move date, especially in my situation of moving houses with an existing subscription and modem?
  2. If installation is allegedly completed yesterday (24-Jan), does this mean the transfer has completed ie the internet in the current apartment will stop working? Today on 25-Jan it is still working (appreciated) but am anxious when or if I will suddenly be disconnected.
  3. On 1-Feb, do I just move with the existing modem, plug it in at the new place, and connection should automatically activate? I don’t know if this matters but I do know the tenant who is moving out had Ziggo.
  4. When will order status be at ‘5’? If I encounter issues to connect at the new place, what is the fastest option for help?

thanks in advance for your support and answers!

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @nahjannordin, good to hear that your move is coming along well! 😃

To answer your questions one-by-one:

1. What is the difference between an installation date and move date, especially in my situation of moving houses with an existing subscription and modem?

In principle the installation date and the move data won't really differ. The move date is more of a prospected date on which we transfer your Internet subscription and the installation date is the actual date on which the Internet has been transferred. Sometimes the network operator manages to activate your Internet line before the actual move date, for instance when its mechanic is in the local internet distribution point at an earlier date for a different customer and decides to combine the visit with your activation. 

2. If installation is allegedly completed yesterday (24-Jan), does this mean the transfer has completed ie the internet in the current apartment will stop working? Today on 25-Jan it is still working (appreciated) but am anxious when or if I will suddenly be disconnected.

Don't worry, the date on which your Internet will be disconnected at your old address is still the 1st of February. It is true that the signal is already activated on your new address, but you will not have to pay for it yet if you install the modem around the 1st of February. Again, we will not allow the internet to be disconnected before the 1st of February.

3. On 1-Feb, do I just move with the existing modem, plug it in at the new place, and connection should automatically activate? I don’t know if this matters but I do know the tenant who is moving out had Ziggo.

You're completely correct. 😄 The only thing to keep it mind is that Ziggo has a monopoly on a different kind of cable, which means that you should connect the modem somewhere else in the house. You can find the connection point we use with this link: Main Connection Point (ISRA-point).

4. When will order status be at ‘5’? If I encounter issues to connect at the new place, what is the fastest option for help?

The order will change to status 5 within a few hours of plugging the modem in the connection point at your new address. I do not expect that you face problems, but you are always welcome on the Community or to contact us on Twitter, Facebook, the chat function on our website, or by calling 0800-0092. 

I full faith that your move will turn out well! 😁

Hi @nahjannordin, good to hear that your move is coming along well! 😃

To answer your questions one-by-one:

In principle the installation date and the move data won't really differ. The move date is more of a prospected date on which we transfer your Internet subscription and the installation date is the actual date on which the Internet has been transferred. Sometimes the network operator manages to activate your Internet line before the actual move date, for instance when its mechanic is in the local internet distribution point at an earlier date for a different customer and decides to combine the visit with your activation. 

Don't worry, the date on which your Internet will be disconnected at your old address is still the 1st of February. It is true that the signal is already activated on your new address, but you will not have to pay for it yet if you install the modem around the 1st of February. Again, we will not allow the internet to be disconnected before the 1st of February.

You're completely correct. 😄 The only thing to keep it mind is that Ziggo has a monopoly on a different kind of cable, which means that you should connect the modem somewhere else in the house. You can find the connection point we use with this link: Main Connection Point (ISRA-point).

The order will change to status 5 within a few hours of plugging the modem in the connection point at your new address. I do not expect that you face problems, but you are always welcome on the Community or to contact us on Twitter, Facebook, the chat function on our website, or by calling 0800-0092

I full faith that your move will turn out well! 😁

Thank you Cal! Very helpful 🙂

Hi cal and team, I was able to visit the place today and the internet point is not DSL? The exiting tenant said this was the wire and location for modem. I couldn’t find other locations that fits the photos you sent of the ISRA.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @nahjannordin, thanks for the pictures. The photos show a coax connection. Can you take a look in the fuse box to see where the ISRA point is and what type it is? I have a handy link here to a topic about the different connections: 

If you have any more questions, I'd love to hear from you.

Hi @Tommie , fortunately I found the DSL port today in the store room! So all well, am now connected :)

Reageer