Beantwoord

No Internet: Den Haag

There is no glasfiber internet since this morning around 2562JB

Did already all kind of troubleshooting with the router/converter with no success. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Jason van Odido 30 May 2022, 11:22

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

21 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Akula1 

Do you have a Huawei ONT? And is there no Fiber signal (red LOS) or is there signal but no internet (blinking PON)?

Have you also removed the power from the ONT for a bit?

Yes, have removed the power from the ONT for a while, nothing. 

Fiber signal is indeed missing (red LOS)

Btw, my neighbor has the same issue. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Akula1 

That could mean that there is a problem somewhere because it's not only your connection.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Akula1, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear the Fiber-line isn’t working properly, it looks like the converter has been switched off. Could you please check the lights on both the converter and the modem and if possible: can you post two pictures of both devices and the lights in this topic? 

This is the Media Converter:

You can also try to switch the dip switches to another configuration. Oftentimes the switches are set to 1 and 6, but 3 and 4 usually works too - and vice versa.

If this doesn’t help, please let me know and I’ll see what I can do to help get you back online asap!

@Jason, Hi

Lights stay the same in both dip configurations

Internet worked fine until 1am in the morning, nothing changed since then

Reputatie 7

Hi @Akula1, thanks for the quick response and sending these pictures! Can you please let us know if you already checked all the cables? Besides that I want to ask you to follow these steps:  

1. Switch off the wifi on the modem with the button on the back/side of the modem.
  2. Connect one computer/laptop with a UTP-cable.
  3. Please check if you can visit the internet via the browser.

If this still doesn't work, I want to ask if you can try another LAN-port on the modem. The easy thing about the Zyxel modem is that all 4 LAN-ports are suited for internet. Maybe this current LAN-port isn't working properly and causes this issue. If another port doesn't seem to help, please check if another browser works:

• Google Chrome
  • Intenet Explorer (Windows Only)  / Microsoft Edge (Windows Only)
  • Apple Safari (Mac Only)
  • Mozilla Firefox

I want to solve this as soon as possible for you! 💪

Hi @Akula1, thanks for the quick response and sending these pictures! Can you please let us know if you already checked all the cables? Besides that I want to ask you to follow these steps:  

1. Switch off the wifi on the modem with the button on the back/side of the modem.
  2. Connect one computer/laptop with a UTP-cable.
  3. Please check if you can visit the internet via the browser.

If this still doesn't work, I want to ask if you can try another LAN-port on the modem. The easy thing about the Zyxel modem is that all 4 LAN-ports are suited for internet. Maybe this current LAN-port isn't working properly and causes this issue. If another port doesn't seem to help, please check if another browser works:

• Google Chrome
  • Intenet Explorer (Windows Only)  / Microsoft Edge (Windows Only)
  • Apple Safari (Mac Only)
  • Mozilla Firefox

I want to solve this as soon as possible for you! 💪

Hi @Lisa ,

thanks for the help. I tried all of this alrdy, to no avail. The FO Link on the converter is dead (so is the WAN connection to the router). I only use LAN connection to the Zyxel router and no Wifi. I can see from the Router Menu that there is no WAN connection coming through. 

I also spoke already to customer support on the phone, and I will need to make an appointment with Guidion and hope they can resolve it soonish. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @Akula1, thankyou so much for letting me know! Great that one of my colleagues already sent a request to Guidion. I really hope that they can come by real soon. Please let us know as soon as you're online again. Because then I can arrange the compensation for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! ❤️

Because I don't want you to experience any trouble: do you maybe have Prepaid from T-Mobile or Tele2? This way I can provide you with an Unlimited Data voucher, so you can make a hotspot with your telephone. 

Hi @Akula1, thankyou so much for letting me know! Great that one of my colleagues already sent a request to Guidion. I really hope that they can come by real soon. Please let us know as soon as you're online again. Because then I can arrange the compensation for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! ❤️

Because I don't want you to experience any trouble: do you maybe have Prepaid from T-Mobile or Tele2? This way I can provide you with an Unlimited Data voucher, so you can make a hotspot with your telephone. 

Hi @Lisa ,

the Guidion technician was here today, with result that it is not a problem with the router/converter, but “somewhere” outside. 

Any update when this will be fixed from your side?

On your question above, no, I don't have a prepaid from T-Mobile or Tele2. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @Akula1, thanks a lot for the update! I really hoped that Guidion could fix the issue right away yesterday. I'm sorry that this wasn't the case. I directly checked the system and my colleagues from the technical department are doing everything that they can to find a solution for this as soon as possible. There is not a clear update yet, but they are working on it. They really want to fix this permanently! 

Its been almost 2 weeks now, and still no internet and no clear timeline when it will be fixed... 

I heard from support on Tuesday, that KPN should contact me to fix the line, but nothing happened since then. 

How long should this take? 3, 4, 5 weeks? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

@Akula1 I have checked for you what the current situation is. Usually the fixing by the grid operator is fast. It seems we have no update yet from the grid operator. I have asked our back office to go after this and why you haven’t heard anything. Hopefully we can tell you more after the weekend!

Reputatie 1

Its been almost 2 weeks now, and still no internet and no clear timeline when it will be fixed... 

I heard from support on Tuesday, that KPN should contact me to fix the line, but nothing happened since then. 

How long should this take? 3, 4, 5 weeks? 

2 WEEKS? oh for crying out loud. I am in the exact situation where they told me that KPN will contact me because the problem is ‘outside’. Mine started last Tuesday. 

Is this really going to take over 2 weeks?? this is really messed up.

Reputatie 7

Hi @mugen4u, I directly took a look into your profile! I don't see a concrete update yet, but my colleagues are working on it. Please don't compare your case to someone else, because every situation can be different. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! 

@Demi, thanks for the reply, hope this can be resolved soon. As I haven’t heard anything till yet. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @Akula1, I directly checked the status again for you! I don't see a reply yet from one of the colleagues of the back office, so I just asked one of my colleagues directly to chase this for you. As soon as he replies, I'll let you know. 

@Lisa any update on this?

Reputatie 7

Hi @Akula1, I chased this yesterday for you and my colleague said he was really busy with solving this! Today he will inform me with a concrete update, so I'll keep you posted. Thank you very much for you patience. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @Akula1, I hope you enjoyed your weekend! I'm sorry I couldn't provide you with a clear update before the weekend. This morning I checked in with my colleague and he gave me the good news that you are online again. I like to verify this with you. Please let me know if everything works great again? This way I can provide you with a compensation! 😁

Hi @Lisa 

yes, I came back early morning today and after rebooting the router finally everything seems to be back online.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Akula1, I'm so happy to read this! Thanks a lot for letting me know and for you patience from all these days. I immediately arranged the compensation for you. You can check this in your My T-Mobile Thuis environment: My T-Mobile Thuis | Rekeningen inzien en informatie over je abonnement. Enjoy the rest of your day!