Beantwoord

No internet with Brand New Connection

• 13 May 2022
  • 7 reacties
  • 436 Bekeken

Background:

Hi everyone, 

2 days ago a mechanic installed t-mobile internet in my home. It worked great for 1.5 days. Then I lost my internet connection.

I called client service many times they couldn’t help me. I did everything that I advised with all the steps. Including reseting the modem, plug off-on the modem, converter, wait a lot..etc. In the end, they told me they create a ticket for ‘back-office’ but they didn’t call me either.

Now it is more than 40 hours that I don’t have any internet! and still no one is calling me. 

Technical Description:

I have a ZYXEL T-54 Modem. Its Power and WAN lights are always green and steady. 2.4G and 5G lights are always green and blinks every 1 sec. Finally, INTERNET light is RED and STEADY.

I have a ‘greyish black’ media converter having white text 10/100/100BASE-TX to 100/1000 BASE-SL/LX on it. It has the FO LINK light is OFF and TX signal is green. Further more, from top to bottom I have 2 Green Lights, 2 Yellow lights, in the bottom I have FO Link OFF and TX Green.

I think this is purely t-mobile’s fault as they are not providing any internal signal to me for almost 2 full days! I don’t know what to do. I hope this community page help my voice to be heard.

Kind regards.

Pictures:

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 13 May 2022, 11:53

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

7 reacties

Hi everyone, 

Problem is solved after a Guidion personnel worked. Apparently, one of the technicians plug-off my fiber cable by mistake from the main connection board/center.

The guy solving the issue was very kind and explained everything. He told me that it is something that doesn't happen frequently.

I hope so, because I waited 1 week until it is fixed without any internet! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@fttatar 

Since it was working before I don't think changing the switches will work, seems like a technician is required to check the Fiber, please wait for a moderator to reply.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @fttatar 

Looks like there is no Fiber signal, have you checked the other side of the mediaconverter where the power input is? Ther should be a sticker aswell with 6 switches behind it, either 3 and 4 should be on or 3 and 4.

Hi @Waqqas,

Thank you for the response. I had a look at the switches and I found them as you described. 3 and 4 is ON.

Kind regards.

Picture:

Hi @fttatar ,

Where do you live? Reason I ask, is that I have the exact same issue as you describe. Just curious if we are in the same place. I reside on Walcheren, Zeeland.

Regards

Michiel

Hi @MichielVeen I live in Noord-Brabant, so I don't think it is about location. I think it is probably because of the converter or T-Mobile. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @fttatar,

Thanks for your message and my apologies that a sooner response hasn't found a way to this topic yet, at least from a moderator. I've checked the status right away and see there's been contact with our front office and a technician is on it's way to fix the issue. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience and I'm sure that we can find a solution with the visit of the technician. If you have any questions in the meantime, the Community is here for you!