regular loss of connection

• 10 March 2023
  • 8 reacties
  • 48 Bekeken

good afternoon,

from day 1 of my my new fiber connection I am experiencing regular losses of connection of the duration of 2-3 min approx. frenquency is variable, but on the average in order of 1-2 interruptions per hour.

modem is a Zyxel T-50. unplug or reset the router does not sort any effect.

hoping in the support of the community to solve the issue.

regards

Tommie van Odido 1 jaar geleden

Welcome @Luca Capuano to our Community!

I can indeed see that the modem is getting interrupted, this could be the powerflips you are performing yourself. To get a better picture of this, I would like to ask you to keep the modem powered on for the next three days and keep track when it drops. In those three days, can you make a note of the time and date when the connection goes down? Then, I can continue the investigation! Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Luca Capuano 

Are you experiencing this issue on WiFi only or WiFi and wired so a red globe on the Zyxel?

Which other network devices have you connected to the LAN ports of the Zyxel?

thanks for quick reply. it happens on WIFI and wired. there are no red lights. lights go off and then again on following what looks like an automatic reboot of the router

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Luca Capuano

Try replacing the cable between mediaconverter and router, removing the power from the mediaconverter for a bit can apso be tried.

What else have you connected wired? Maybe something causes this problem.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Welcome @Luca Capuano to our Community!

I can indeed see that the modem is getting interrupted, this could be the powerflips you are performing yourself. To get a better picture of this, I would like to ask you to keep the modem powered on for the next three days and keep track when it drops. In those three days, can you make a note of the time and date when the connection goes down? Then, I can continue the investigation! Thanks in advance for your efforts.

good evening. I will do has requested and revert back in 3 days. kind regards

good morning, as requested here is a partial timeline of powerflips experienced along last weekend:

10/03 - 21.11; 23;55

11/03 - 9.31; 12.35; 16.23; 16.43; 19;00; 21.45; 23.50

12/03 - 10.44; 18.58; 19.36; 21.21

13/03 - 21.13; 22.52; 23.50

kind regards

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Luca Capuano, thank you very much for testing. I did another line measurement and I do indeed see the manual releases reflected in the DHCP logging. I think there is a flaw in the modem. Therefore, I have initiated a modem swap. You will be notified about this. Can you let me know, once the new modem is installed, if everything remains stable now? 

Good morning, thanks for the feedback. as soon as I will test the new modem I’ll revert back.

regards 

Reageer