Beantwoord

Since 11-10-2022 no more internet Geen Glasvezel Fibre Issue LOS RED

• 12 October 2022
  • 40 reacties
  • 475 Bekeken

Reputatie 3

Hey anyone else has an issue in the Haarlem area, since yesterday lunch time i have no more internet …  Contacted support, they said they can't do much and send the case to the Engineers…
now I got an email that the response form that engineers will be taking between 1-5 Working days… and i googled a bit and found similar cases where customers were sitting without internet for more than 3 weeks… what can i do to expertise this?

Calling the Hotline is a real pain … she does not understand my postcode or what question I have and when i finally get through sometimes the line just gets disconnected and i need to start from the beginning… really frustrating 

icon

Beste antwoord door Lisa 12 October 2022, 15:43

Bekijk origineel

40 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

Hi @Najumudeen_NL, thanks for letting me know! I can see that the investigation is still open. I did what I can to speed the process up, hopefully the gridoperator will be fully informed on Monday. For here on out we are doing everything we can. Thank you so much for your patience!

Reputatie 3

Day 13 no internet … checked this morning before going to work ...

LED for PON is blinking fast and Internet globe is red.

now changed again to 

LOS was Red on the fiber converter

Reputatie 3

@Lisa @Boris @Jason 

Do we have any update on the progress??

11 Days without internet ….

Reputatie 3

Fiber Engineer just called for an appointment they only have a spot “next thursday” lets hope she meant this coming Thursday… 

Good luck Andreas !! I hope I also get an appointment. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @Andreas Haarlem, I'm really happy to read this! Thanks a lot for giving this update. I took a look into the system to check if the appointment is this Thursday or next week on Thursday, but I don't see the appointment yet. So please keep us posted. Fingers crossed that you're online within three days! 🍀

Hi @Najumudeen_NL, I will help you further in the topic down below! 😊

Reputatie 3

ohh dear support…

@Lisa @Boris @Jason 

Fibre engineer was here did not touch anything said he tested it and the converter can be seen by the T-mobile back office… now they want to send again a Gideon Engineer

I tried to explain to them that this fiber converter is not able to connect via that fibre and that PON blinking means “light but no connection” of course they dont believe me claiming the issue is with my cable between the WIFI hotspot and the Fibre converter, told them the i can bring the wifi hotspot there and proved that there is no problem between them with a different cable.

no they do not want to do further tests and left the site…

15 days no internet and Noone can explain me why…

Gideon engineer says its the fibre 

Fibre engineer says its the Installation.. I really dont know what to do to get back service or any service here...

Lets establish what we know
Internet globe is red on the WIFI box means no internet on WAN port

and Yes I replaced the Cable between WIFI box and Fibre Converter with a known good one… 

how can I Test the Fibre Converter?

What does fast Blinking PON on the Fiber converter mean?

Reputatie 6
Badge

So the ONT seems to see light but cannot connect to the OLT. This is probably caused by a disturbance on the network. This may be caused by another user on the same OLT  that has the wrong hardware connected to their fiber line. I guess  that it can also be occuring when T-mobile did not correctly register the ONT on their side. Let Guidion have a look. They can check registration of the ONT.

Reputatie 3

Thanks @louisL ok So from what I can see on my Converter right now I am on Line 2

PON Blinks quickly and LOS is OFF

So @Lisa @Boris @Jason  what can I do about the issue that it does not succeed to establish/ setup the signal and never goes to succeed to Line 3?

So much to the Fibre engineer I tested it… and the Converter can be seen, how can that be if he reports he is still setting up the connection?

Reputatie 3

Great stuff that the Guidon engineers are actually able to come by the next day…

So this morning he came by and confirmed to me that the Infrastructure Engineer is wrong there is nothing wrong with my installation all is in  order, he also checked the fibre OTP cable no issue seen 

He tried a new Fibre bridge  same issue, it starts, then after a couple of minutes PON blinks fast
he changed back to the old Bridge now we are back to Line 4 LOS blinks slowly and PON OFF

he said they are maybe checking something on the other side but thats all with the Network Provider where he can not help.. 

So Suprice Suprise By not touching anything you can not diagnose anything… and with having no contact detaisl from the Infrastructure Engineer you cant even complain about such incompetence…  lucky engineer... I will try when they call again to see if I as customer can do anything without compromising to get a new Engineer hopefully….

He reported all back to the back office now waiting again for Fibre Network engineer to arrange a new Engineer who hopefully understands the issue and does not ignore the LEDs of the Fibre Bridge

I really have to say you(T-Mobile) as Customer of that Fibre Network should work on getting a better service from them, this is basically destroying your customer relations where you can't help and waiting for 2 weeks for an engineer is far to long…  I just got the new T-mobile Thehuis bill, which was charged in full ..  I will need to the Help desk again to get the refund … but i will do that after its resolved if its gets at any point resolved…  

Day 16 no internet ...

Reputatie 7

Hi @Andreas Haarlem, I want to let you know that the network administrator will contact you as soon as possible. I'm sorry that they haven't contacted you yet. They will make an appointment with you to solve this issue. Please let us know as soon as you made an appointment with them. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience! ❤

Reputatie 3

*************Day 19 no internet ****************

@Lisa  Just got the Call from the BAM call center to confirm the Appointment… Its Monday and the earliest is Thursday… they must be very busy… 

Anyway, can I send someone the details about my Fiber Converter so we can see if its registered correctly in the network?

Because the last Guideon Engineer first replaced the Fibre Converter 

which Initially showed LOS RED until he registered the (NEW)Fibre Converter which brought it bac to the previous PON fast blinking 

He changed the Fiber Converter back to the old one but this one now stays at LOS RED blinking - no signal even after he registered it with his mobile 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hey @Andreas Haarlem, thanks for the update and I’m sorry to hear that BAM can only come on Thursday, I had really hoped that they could have helped you sooner! Whilst reading your dossier I'm frustrated that there is yet another technician required. I can assure you that we and I try our utmost best to make this the last one!

To help you out as much as possible I double checked all registrations, but nothing seems to be off. The Media Converter which the Guidion technician registered is also the same one as you currently have in your possession, namely the one with the serial number ending on: ‘6A7.’ The sudden change in the LOS light could be explained by the fact that the Guidion technician measured no life on your fiber line. Usually the technician gets at least some reponse on the fiber line, but in this case it really seems to be in the fiber network.

Therefore I do trust that the technician of Thursday could be the last one and we will do everything in our power to make it the last one. Hopefully we can get you online quickly!

Reputatie 3

Hey @Cal  Engineer was planned for 8-12 today, I checked the Converter around 8:30 and noticed its back online so I restarted the Router and and Internet was back… Yey

Engineer turned up around 8:55  and I informed him that all is working and that there was never an issue with the equipment here, I assume they changed something on the other end which made it working again

Now I hope it stays like that...

so how will I get the refund for the time not working (22days)?

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Andreas Haarlem,

Great to hear that your connection is restored, it sounds like the engineer handled very adequately!

To recoup you I will make sure that the full last month is refunded. Effectively this means that you will not receive a debit from us this month and soon you will receive an email from me to confirm that we will refund last month’s subscription fee. 

The fiber line looks amazing, feel free to let me know if there is anything else!

Reageer