Beantwoord

Upload speed problem (100 kbps)

• 30 August 2022
  • 11 reacties
  • 285 Bekeken

Hi,

My fiber internet was connected 27th of Agustus. My problem started after activation. My upload speed always shows 100-200 kbps. My internet connection should be 1Gbps for download and upload. I tried a few times to call support line, but still, they didn't offer a proper solution. Also, one person told me, "Just wait for proper speed, because the router is like a train, start slow,  then get faster" :). No, I am not kidding. He precisely said those sentences.
TLDR:

icon

Beste antwoord door Boris 31 August 2022, 10:45

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @berkaykorkmaz 

Can you post a picture of your FTU and mediaconverter on 1 photo?

And is the upload the same when you test on other devices?

@Waqqas hello,

Reputatie 7

Hi @berkaykorkmaz,

Thanks for your message and welcome to our Community! I'd very much like to investigate the matter, so you can enjoy the proper uploadspeed required. Usually a factory reset of the modem can easily fix the issue. If you haven't already tried this, we have a topic where it's been explained: 

Please let me know if this brought back life to the modem and more importantly, to the uploadspeed. If not, I'm happy to set up an investigation into the matter at hand.

Hi @Boris, I have already tried to reset modem.

Thank you for helping.

Reputatie 7

Thank you @berkaykorkmaz,

I'd like to give our technical department all the right information to make sure we can get your speed up to where it needs to be. 

I understand that your internet speed isn’t up to par yet. I’ll gladly help out raising the speed. In order to give a proper estimation of your speed, I’d like to receive a couple of screenshots of speed tests. Please take a close look at the following steps! If the tests don’t meet the necessary criteria, we can’t start an investigation.

-Go to www.speedtest.net/apps in your browser and download the app for the device on which you want to perform the speed test
- Please shut down all open systems including VPN
-The computer or laptop has to be connected via an ethernet cable, a speed test of  a TV or gaming computer can’t be used
-Run the speed test. For the best results it’s best to test on several target servers. When you press the big GA-button, you can choose a server. Is the speed below the attainable average? Repeat the test on the same device but with a five minute intermission between the tests
-Take at least two screenshots of speed tests on different target servers and make sure your whole desktop screen is visible, so we can see the connection type (it's important that it's visible that the speedtest is made with a internet connection via a ethernet cable)
-Take a screenshot of the taakbeheer (Task Manager, on Windows) or the activiteitenmonitor (Activity Monitor on iOS):
In Windows you’ll find this by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL; choose more details if they’re not directly visible
In Apple MacOS you can search for "Activity Monitor" from the Spotlight search box 
-Take a screenshot of the IP configuration:
Windows: via the search function under shortcut “Windows + R”, type in: “cmd” and press Enter (or search for Opdrachtprompt/Command Prompt in the starting menu). After opening, type in: ipconfig / all and press Enter
Apple MacOS: via the Finder or the Spotlight search window you can open the Terminal app. Type in: /sbin /ifconfig and press Enter. This will display all connections the device has at that specific moment. 

Please send me the screenshots in one message and make sure that the mentioned steps are followed precisely. Thank you in advance! 

Hi

@Boris 

Good morning @Boris 
somehow 1st picture didnt upload. I upload again the first result

Thanks

Reputatie 7

Hi @berkaykorkmaz, thanks a lot for sending the screenshots! I immediately sent a request to our technician service, Guidion. You will receive a text within a few minutes to schedule an appointment. I really hope that they can solve this problem real soon. Please let us know as soon as they came by. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask them. We’re here for you! 💪

Reputatie 5

I want to help finding a solution @berkaykorkmaz  :)

To find the limiting factor it helps to understand all devices that have a role in the network.

For example, I noticed you use USB ethernet (network) solutions and it may help to describe your network setup. Any other network devices in use? 

Looking at the screenshots, I guess you are using software on a Mac-operating system and it shows compatibility with Windows services.

Could you help eliminate the cause by testing the internet speed with your phone when connected to your WiFi?

You could even try to connect a cable from the modem directly to the tv and run (install app first) a speedtest there. It will probably limited to 100mbit but we like to find out what is limiting your connection. Is it the modem or what is attached to it.

I want to help finding a solution @berkaykorkmaz  :)

To find the limiting factor it helps to understand all devices that have a role in the network.

For example, I noticed you use USB ethernet (network) solutions and it may help to describe your network setup. Any other network devices in use? 

Looking at the screenshots, I guess you are using software on a Mac-operating system and it shows compatibility with Windows services.

Could you help eliminate the cause by testing the internet speed with your phone when connected to your WiFi?

You could even try to connect a cable from the modem directly to the tv and run (install app first) a speedtest there. It will probably limited to 100mbit but we like to find out what is limiting your connection. Is it the modem or what is attached to it.

Hi @agentx,
Yes, I use USB ethernet because my Macbook Pro doesn't have any ethernet port. By the way, I use a 1gbps ethernet adapter, which means my speed test result is not related to usb ethernet adapter. Also, "Windows Services" means genuine windows services not associated with Microsoft systems on Mac computers. You can think like explorer.exe on Windows. I tried every device and the main OS ( Windows, macOS, Linux) with cable and wifi. My download speed is acceptable, but my upload speed never reaches even 1mbps.

Thanks

Reputatie 5

Hi @agentx,
Yes, I use USB ethernet because my Macbook Pro doesn't have any ethernet port. By the way, I use a 1gbps ethernet adapter, which means my speed test result is not related to usb ethernet adapter. Also, "Windows Services" means genuine windows services not associated with Microsoft systems on Mac computers. You can think like explorer.exe on Windows. I tried every device and the main OS ( Windows, macOS, Linux) with cable and wifi. My download speed is acceptable, but my upload speed never reaches even 1mbps.

Thanks

You tried all devices but I want to be convinced it is your generic upload and not some device that is used in the network.

What is the result when you connect to the wifi of the provided modem or are you in bridge mode?

edit; ipv6 enabled?

Reageer