VPN connection drops on LAN for few seconds time to time (Model Zyxel T50)

Hi There,

My VPN connection drops on LAN for few seconds time to time (Model Zyxel T50)

Please suggest a solution.

louisL 1 jaar geleden

When you don’t use the VPN, is your connection then OK? The problem could be in your internet connection or in the VPN. It could be an interaction between the two, but a problem in either one or the other is much more likely. Please monitor you internet connection to see if that is stable

Bekijk origineel

33 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge

When you don’t use the VPN, is your connection then OK? The problem could be in your internet connection or in the VPN. It could be an interaction between the two, but a problem in either one or the other is much more likely. Please monitor you internet connection to see if that is stable

Thanks for reaching out, Actually I never analyzed it, no reason to sit on the laptop without office work and that only works with VPN.

I use the t-mboile phone hotspot and it never occurs then, so clearly it is related to the home internet.

The glitch comes only when i use LAN or wifi from home network.

Reputatie 1

Can you define your VPN connection. Their are multiple ways to build a vpn connection and all of them have their specific glitches and terms to work properly.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Rambir Singh welcome to our Community! As Louis asked, can you please test the connection without being connected to the VPN. Then we'll be able to analyse the internet speed. After that, we can look into it further.

Tomy, I will share the VPN details tomorrow, it’s a software from Cisco, it’s not about speed but about frequent dead zones when there is no signal for few seconds and everything is disconnected. 

I have tried using hotspot from my t-mobile phone connection then it works continuously whole day

thank you rambir 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Rambir Singh, did you manage to find the VPN details yet? If not, no worries: you can always post them in this topic at your earliest convenience!

Hi @Rambir Singh, did you manage to find the VPN details yet? If not, no worries: you can always post them in this topic at your earliest convenience!

Hi jason,

I am sorry i thought i did it already,  It is Cisco AnyCconnect Secure Mobile Client Version 4.10.02086.

thank you rambir 

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Rambir Singh! The one thing I need to ask is to check the stability of our network when you are not connection with VPN, I can see that this isn't tested yet. The hotspot you've tested isn't enough in this case. Could you please test this for a while and let me know if the connection is stable, or also drops for a few seconds? Then I am able to help you. Thank you so much in advance!

Thanks @Rambir Singh! The one thing I need to ask is to check the stability of our network when you are not connection with VPN, I can see that this isn't tested yet. The hotspot you've tested isn't enough in this case. Could you please test this for a while and let me know if the connection is stable, or also drops for a few seconds? Then I am able to help you. Thank you so much in advance!

Hi Cheyenne,

Please suggest a way to test the network without using VPN, is there an app/website or something to report this. This happens even when I am connecting  via cable and at random intervals, so I can not sit and watch the network. I hope you understand this.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@Rambir Singh, Please take a close look at the following steps! If the tests don’t meet the necessary criteria, we can’t start an investigation.

• Go to www.speedtest.net/apps in your browser and download the app for the device on which you want to perform the speed test
  • Please shut down all open systems including VPN
  • The computer or laptop has to be connected via an ethernet cable, a speed test of a TV or gaming computer can’t be used
  • Run the speed test. For the best results it’s best to test on several target servers. When you press the big GA-button, you can choose a server. Is the speed below the attainable average? Repeat the test on the same device but with a five minute intermission between the tests
  • Take at least two screenshots of speed tests on different target servers and make sure your whole desktop screen is visible, so we can see the connection type (it's important that it's visible that the speedtest is made with a internet connection via a ethernet cable)
  • Take a screenshot of the taakbeheer (Task Manager, on Windows) or the activiteitenmonitor (Activity Monitor on iOS): In Windows you’ll find this by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL; choose more details if they’re not directly visible In Apple MacOS you can search for "Activity Monitor" from the Spotlight search box
  • Take a screenshot of the IP configuration: Windows: via the search function under shortcut “Windows + R”, type in: “cmd” and press Enter (or search for Opdrachtprompt/Command Prompt in the starting menu). After opening, type in: ipconfig / all and press Enter Apple MacOS: via the Finder or the Spotlight search window you can open the Terminal app. Type in: /sbin /ifconfig and press Enter. This will display all connections the device has at that specific moment. Please send me the screenshots in one message and make sure that the mentioned steps are followed precisely. 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Tommie,

Sorry for the late reaction due to business travel. I also open a ticket to our IT department.

• They suggested that few apps like Teams and  Zoom  are not controlled under VPN & firewall  and if these apps have interruption that means the problem is with the internet. I have disconnection in these apps as well.
  • One of the remote network client works with a firewall key (ETX) and detects a different IP address so needs to re-connect every time there is a glitch for few seconds. Does the T-mobile IP-address change dynamically?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Rambir Singh, thanks for the effort and sharing the speed tests. You are not achieving the desired speed by the looks of it. That is why I have sent for a technician. You will receive a message about this to schedule an appointment. Hopefully the technician will be able to solve this issue. 

Hi @Rambir Singh, thanks for the effort and sharing the speed tests. You are not achieving the desired speed by the looks of it. That is why I have sent for a technician. You will receive a message about this to schedule an appointment. Hopefully the technician will be able to solve this issue. 

Thank you.. Let’s see and hope for the best.

Hi @Rambir Singh, thanks for the effort and sharing the speed tests. You are not achieving the desired speed by the looks of it. That is why I have sent for a technician. You will receive a message about this to schedule an appointment. Hopefully the technician will be able to solve this issue. 

Thank you.. Let’s see and hope for the best.

Hi Tommie,

Can you arrange the technician’s appointment ASAP? I might have some other plans.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@Rambir Singh, you have received a message to schedule an appointment with Guidion. You can schedule the appointment yourself at your convenience! 

@Rambir Singh, you have received a message to schedule an appointment with Guidion. You can schedule the appointment yourself at your convenience! 

Sorry, I haven’t received any email or message from Guidion yet. My number is 06XXXXXX47  

Moderator Edit, Personal Information.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Rambir Singh I sent you a private message regarding personal details. Here you will find the link to schedule the appointment.

Hi @Rambir Singh I sent you a private message regarding personal details. Here you will find the link to schedule the appointment.

Hi Tommie,

I do not see any improvements. The mechanic was really nice and changed few equipments’

Please suggest the next step.

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

@Rambir Singh I have checked your connection again, but I don't see any drops from yesterday or today in your connection. Is it possible that you experience the drops only with wifi at the moment? Also I'm curious in what speed you have with the new equipment. Can you share a new speedtest with us? Is the speed better than before? 

Well I am still connected with same CAT6 LAN cable from the LAN extender like before. Here are the snapshots -

Reputatie 6
Badge

Hi @Rambir Singh I sent you a private message regarding personal details. Here you will find the link to schedule the appointment.

Hi Tommie,

I do not see any improvements. The mechanic was really nice and changed few equipments’

Please suggest the next step.

@Rambir Singh: was the VPN client connected when you did the speedtests? If so, you are testing the speed  THROUGH the VPN tunnel as only teams and zoom are excluded from the VPN according to your screen shot above. That kind of speed through the VPN is not bad. Can you test with another computer (without VPN)? It may still be your computer (VPN client, firewall, virus scanner) that is at fault….

Tommie, 

I am an IT professional, I know I should not test with VPN.

This is the normal speed without connecting to VPN.

Please look into it.

Hello Tommie,

Any other suggestions or I should switch to another ISP to see if they can fix it?   

Best Regards

rambir                       

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Rambir Singh, I had hoped the technician could fix this inconvenience. I have forwarded the problem to our technicians. They are going to take a look at the connection. When we know more about this, you will be contacted. To be continued... 

Thank you Tommie,

I hope it happens sooner, I am getting frustrated with it everyday.

Reageer