Beantwoord

Wifi slower than 750

• 9 December 2018
  • 2 reacties
  • 336 Bekeken

• is net lid geworden
  • 0 reacties
Hallo,

I have internet 750mb. If i using wifi my speed is only 60-80mb. I called to call center but they told me that I can get a 750mb only if I use network cabel. I don't will do this because I have smart TV in sleeping rooms, living room, I have printer so I prefer wifi. To smartphone I don't connect network cabel and most of the time I using phone. We have years when cables go away because is wifi technology. Anyway when I used internet from KPN and I ordered 500mb I got 500mb.

I just checked speed test was less dan 10mb after resetting is 60mb. See picture.

Someone knows what I can do to get speed 500+?

Thank a lot

icon

Beste antwoord door TAVL 10 December 2018, 10:46

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 6
If you don't want to use ethernet cabling and want hundreds of Mbps speed wirelessly in your home, you have to improve your WiFi netwerk situation. That could mean buying extra (very) advanced WiFi accesspoint(s) and maybe even a new smartphone in order to reach 750 Mbps. Or maybe ask all your neighbours not to use WiFi and not to use their microwave oven, so that the wireless capacity in the air is all there for you exclusively. Or go back to KPN. But I doubt that you got 500Mbps via WiFi there. So the call scenter is right.

On the other hand, what application needs 750Mbps from/to the internet ( and full duplex, so simultaniously 750 DL en UL) that you use?
There is none I would say.
It is more like that T-Mobile wants to offer 'more-is-better' ( 750 is better than 500, right?).
If you want 750Mbps in your home, you don't need '750mb internet'; You actually don't need internet at all in theory, you just need the right cabling and/or equipment, not the help or services of an internet provider.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
Indeed. Wifi is not as stable as cabled internet. You may be able to upgrade wifi, but that's not possible with the router/modem T-Mobile supports. An alternate router is recommended, but even with a new router it is highly unlikely you will have a 750/750 connection by wifi.

Your router/accesspoint/etc need to have the latest standards on 5Ghz as well as a strong antenna. Your gear needs to support this standard as well.

Besides you need to analyse available channels and chose a free channel as interefence from neighbour networks can impact the speed drastically.

If you do not want to use cable, because of the large amount of dedicated devices, you could use powerline adapter, but honestly I do not know the specs on supported speed.

Reageer