Beantwoord

Disrespectful behavior of the T-Mobile shop agent

• 7 January 2022
  • 4 reacties
  • 151 Bekeken

This is a soaring experience i encountered with the T-Mobile agent at the branch of Zoetermeer. To be clear again it’s not about the amount that i have lost but the humiliating experience i encountered and the way the person spoke towards me.

I have recently bought an iPhone 13 mini-RED along with T-Mobile unlimited subscription on September 18, 2021. 

Now the specific issue is; when i was purchasing the mobile i paid the full amount at once, i was with T-Mobile for the mobile network and Internet only. While i am buying the subscription with unlimited data for 2 years, i have been told by the specific agent that with availing the mobile insurance (of 10 euros) by Chubb’s i will be eligible to get gift every month, pay attention to this because this is most important. 

I specifically asked the person, as how and why will you give someone gift every month for taking an insurance of just 10 euros, he said that’s for being with the company a special offer. i again asked him are you sure that it is for every month or only first month, he replied “every month, in fact if you take small power bank this month, you can pay the insurance next month and pick another small gift”. I again confirmed with him “so if i pay 10 euros this month and take small power bank, and if i pay 10 euros next month can i take protective case for the phone or something like that?” he said, “yes exactly”. I again said “well then, this month i will take this charger, and will continue for next month and take small power bank” he said sure that’s fine.

then i asked him, how do i cancel this in the future then he gave a printout form to cancel the insurance writing “cancel before October 30th etc.”, the reason he wrote that is he told me it is only possible to cancel the insurance only through form and specified format”.

Now everything was fine until i went to the store next month to ask about this offer and i paid next month as well in the hope to be able to pickup another small gift, this time it was another guy i explained to them that this is what i have been told by your sales agent “this new guy was shocked and tried to explain me, “we don’t have such offers ever, this looks deceiving and we don’t really do have such policies but i will check with all and let you know, and finally they all concluded that it was a mistake or something but such policy doesn’t exist. He suggested to come back again on Sunday to talk with that guy specifically, i said i am not available so can you make him call? he said yes took my number and said he will make the guy call to avoid the unnecessary billing for the next month. But no one called.

And after 2 weeks i went to the store on Sunday, with all the bills and to talk with that guy who misled me with everything he told.

Here is the conversation:

T-Mobile agent: Hello, i heard weird things about you from my colleagues that you are expecting to take free gifts every month?

Me: I am not expecting to, that’s what you told me when i was buying the mobile

T-Mobile agent: No i never told you anything like that, no we never have such offers

Me: Well i never asked for such offers, you only told me that i can get to pick up small gifts for being part with T-Mobile like this gift for the first month

T-Mobile agent: after checking the bill, “as you can see here, its a one-time thing, you already received the gift”

Me: That’s what even i asked you when you were explaining this offer, that how can you do this for 10 euros a month.

then he started to look for any piece of information to support his claim, takes the cancellation form he wrote as advise how to cancel and tells

T-Mobile agent: “See here i wrote you clearly that you should cancel before this date

Me: No, its not that, its the information you gave me when i asked as how to cancel?

T-Mobile agent: “No No i never told you that, we never had such offers ever

T-Mobile agent: “How are you expecting to take gifts by paying just 10 euros”?

T-Mobile agent: “You think you can take everything by paying 10 euros”?

T-Mobile agent: “You think you can take gifts for lifetime with 10 euros”? with an embarrassing smile towards me

Now all this in front of other agents who are watching, and he made me look like as if i was trying to steal something

And the other guys sent another guy to stand beside us to watch over our discussion

Now why am i hurt?

I paid 900 euros in single payment to avoid unnecessary back and forth monthly payments or discussion i just hate such experience. Your T-Mobile agent made me look as if i was cheap, for an amount of 20 euros. So, you people really think i care for 20 Euros? i don’t deserve such an experience.

And after back-and-forth discussions, he finally said “its probably a miscommunication, its just a possible mistake” but he never apologized that it was his mistake. 

Now my question is:

Do we have to record our conversation with your agents, so we will have a proof?

Can’t we trust T-Mobile for its quality and service?

Now i bought a new house and looking for internet provider, should i even consider a service provider who doesn’t respect me?

A service provider who makes me look cheap for 20 euros, even though i took the unlimited data package though i know i barely use the full data (you can check my usage data)

After paying 900 euros in single payment and choosing to pay 35 euros every month for unused internet i care for 20 euros?

So now, what do i want? I don’t care about the 20 euros i will even give you 100 euros more for free, “Just undo the experience and humiliation i faced in your store”. period.

This first interaction took place at the time of purchasing the mobile, and this humiliating interaction took place on 27th November 2021. Now the problem is i trusted in T-Mobile as a standard service provider and didn’t record our conversation, honestly i didn’t expect that it would go this soar. But you can see the CCTV footage to see if i am saying the truth, i hope you can hear the audio as well then you can realize as what happened unfortunately i can’t access those. I didn’t argue in the store because i didn’t have a proof of conversation i would have just shouted at him for being rude but that’s just not me, i simply left because there is no point when i don’t have a proof of conversation.

Now investigate whatever video or footage you can and take the necessary action “Undo the humiliating experience i faced by T-Mobile agent in T-Mobile, Zoetermeer store”. Period. Make sure to take necessary action against such agents in your company, i can provide details of my transactions privately to help this investigation or action.

icon

Beste antwoord door Hajar van Odido 10 January 2022, 12:43

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Well, good that you double checked this. I never heared something like you pay a monthly insurance fee for an expensive phone and come back every month for a free gift which can be more than the fee.

Sounds really off... I would recommend that you get such offers in writing next time. You can not rely on security footage. I doubt that they record sound and can only be stored for a small period of time due to privacy rules 

They only thing i can imagine what happend is a language issue where the wrong sentence was said of the message was wrong understood.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Divakarb 

How unfortunate that you had an experience like this. I would like to look into this. Can you send me a private message with your mobile number or the number that is attached to your subscription, name, birth-date, full address and the last for numbers of your IBAN? You can click on my name and choose the option stuur bericht. 

Hi @Divakarb 

How unfortunate that you had an experience like this. I would like to look into this. Can you send me a private message with your mobile number or the number that is attached to your subscription, name, birth-date, full address and the last for numbers of your IBAN? You can click on my name and choose the option stuur bericht. 

Hi i have sent my response personally few days ago, and am still waiting to see, if something has happened or anything at all ? Depending on the response i am gonna make a decision if i will choose T-Mobile again for my internet or go for other internet provider. Your answer helps

Reputatie 7

Hi @Divakarb,

I’ll send a message to my colleague Hajar reminding her of your message, but she is currently not in the office, so it can take some time before she is able to respond. Knowing Hajar I know she will do everything in her power to help you with this experience! Thanks for your patience and Hajar will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, feel free to ask them!