Number Port request rejected and new sim cannot be used

• 4 January 2023
  • 7 reacties
  • 114 Bekeken

Hello,

I just signed a contract for phone + mobile plan from T-mobile. Initially I wanted to port my current phone number (which is also from T-mobile) but I got informed that the request is rejected because it still have 9 months before my current contract end. So I thought of just keep both numbers. However, the (new) sim card I was given when I collect my phone does not seem to be working. No signal bar and ‘no service’ appears on the phone. Could anyone help me with this issue?

And may I know how much it cost to end the current contract earlier?

Looking forward to your help.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Ellis

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Els0093 

I would like to help you with your request. First did you activate the sim card via My T-Mobile? And can you also place the sim card in a different device? This way we can check if the problem is caused by the sim card or the device. As regards to the early cancellation of your current contract, I can check what the termination fee will be if you send me a private message with the 06-number it regards, name, birth-date, full address and the last 4 numbers of your IBAN. If you click on my name you will see the option ‘’stuur bericht’’. 

Looking forward to your message! 

Hi @Hajar Thank you for your reply. I have send you a private message, could you kindly help me with it?thank you :)

Regarding the new sim, I tried it on another device but it does not work too. I logged in to my T mobile and tried to activate the new sim but it showed in my profile that 'I have no new sim to activate'. Do I have to make a new user account to activate the new sim?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@Els0093 

I have replied to your private message and gave you more information on the early cancellation fee. I also asked you for extra details on your sim card number so we can solve this activation issue. 

@Els0093

I have replied to your private message and gave you more information on the early cancellation fee. I also asked you for extra details on your sim card number so we can solve this activation issue. 

Thank you Hajar. I have provided the extra details through private message :)

@Els0093

Hello Hajar, I am still having problem with my new sim. I couldn’t activate the new sim through My T-mobile. Could you help me with this?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Ellis

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Els0093 

The fastest way to activate your simcard is by visiting a nearby T-Mobile shop so there they can also verify it's you (the contract holder).

Reageer