Beantwoord

How to get Business hardware VAT invoice

• 9 October 2022
  • 9 reacties
  • 181 Bekeken

• is een nieuwe Poster
  • 4 reacties

Hello,

I have recently got an Iphone 13 Pro on my Business account. I got a receipt from the T Mobile shop, where I have paid the amount and collected the phone.

Now, I need to file the VAT returns and require the Hardware invoice on my company's name. I checked with the T Mobile shop from where I got the phone and they are unable to help.

Is there a way so that I can get the VAT invoice on my company's name so that I can file it for VAT return. I called the customer care and they told me to send a mail through the form available on the website, which I did but there is no response from the customer care after 6 days .I had done the payment using the companies Debit Card.

​​​

can anyone help me with this please?

Regards,

Balesh Bhatt

icon

Beste antwoord door Anonymous 9 October 2022, 23:13

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Hello Gerrit,

Thank you very much for the help and sharing the knowledge with me. It's indeed helpful as I am new to Dutch Tax laws. 😊

I have paid for the mobile using my company's Debit card and the receipt have the company's Debit card number on it. I have anyway written to T-Mobile support but in case I didn't hear back for them than I will file the VAT returns using the same invoice provided by the T Mobile shop as it has the TAX description on it. 

Again many thanks for your help and guidance. It is really helpful.

Regards,

Balesh Bhatt

Hello Gerrit,

Thank you for the information. Yes, my main concern is for filing the VAT returns. 

As mentioned, there is nothing to worry about. It's just a matter of adding a note and stapling it to the receipt. On this note you put the purchase date, what kind of purchase it was. Your bookkeeper or accountant can then write it off under the correct category.

The same applies if you visit a restaurant because of an appointment with a supplier, investor, etc. You can also do this for tax returns, restaurants never issue an invoice or receipt with your company name. Or how about stamps, staples, pens, paper or many other items. You can buy them directly from a local store and just put them in your bookkeeping.

There are even small stores around that don't even give a receipt including tax calculations, in that case it's just a matter of calculating it yourself (unless you have a bookkeeper or accountant taking care of it).

Do note; A receipt never contains a name of a customer it doesn't matter if that customer is a consumer or business. When the total amount of the receipt is € 100,00 or above, you MUST pay with the debit card connected with your business banking account. If you pay with your personal banking account, the only thing you can do is put the purchase in as investement into your business. In that last case it's impossible to file it for a tax return.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

With the sales slip in the stores, no names are put on. That is inderdaad not required and happens a lot when you just buy something at a store. That will not change via the backoffice.

Hello Gerrit,

Thank you for the information. Yes, my main concern is for filing the VAT returns. 

Stores never issue a receipt with the name of a consumer or company. It only contains the details of the store and the price. I'm not sure, but if I'm right, the T-Shops are basically for consumers.

If your question is because of the Dutch tax authorities, you can stick a small piece of paper on the receipt and mention what type of purchase it was. Nothing more or less is required. It's not required to have a business name mentioned as long as you can justify the payment.

Btw. this is my own experience with how the Dutch tax authority watches in the accountancy.

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your response. 

Yes, the shop have given me an invoice as I have paid the complete amount at once.  But that invoice doesn't have the name of the business on it. I have the agreement with T Mobile on my business name which have the details of the iphone and the connection but no invoice sent to me by email or physical copy ( by post). The invoice which I got from the shop is a slip with the description of the purchase and the VAT description. But while filing for the VAT returns I need to provide the details of the invoice against the VAT should be refunded and the invoice should be on my company's name. 

I have asked the shop to provide me the invoice with the company 's name but they are not able to do so. Which is a bit frustrating as there is no place else where I can raise the request as there is no customer support mail and when I did call the customer care executive then she directed me to the Business query form ( support form) which is kind of a feedback form, and I put up all the details on it. But again no reply after 6 working days !

Could you please help me with the correct person or email id where I can submit the query so that I can get a invoice on my business name. 

It is really very frustrating for me as I am doing calls and writting to the support team and going to the store many times for just a small task.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Balesh Bhatt

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

If a shop sells you business,  than they should geven you the VAT specification. That is if you did pay for the phone at once. 

Hello,

Yes, I bought a business connect on my Business name with the phone.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

This forum is for consumer products and questions. The processen for business and consumer are different. If you bought a phone with a " t-mobile zakelijk " subscription,  the shop should give you this invoice. But if you bought a regular consumer subscription and Just use it for business,  than there is not a formal law that the invoice should specify VAT. It feels like that is what happend?

Reageer