Beantwoord

High Invoice rooaming

• 1 februari 2021
  • 5 reacties
  • 129 Bekeken

Dear people of T-mobile,

I hope you are having a nice start of the week. I receive an invoice recently in which is stated that I had to pay 250 euro extra because of roaming as I recently travel to Mexico. Even so, when I decide to make a contract for T mobile services the client service told me that if I had any outrage of my bill higher than 100 euros I will receive a message; I didn’t receive any info about this until I saw it as an unexpected expense in my bank account. Also, I didn’t connect or use the internet service of T-mobile during my travel and only use to call using my WhatsApp when I was connected to a home Wifi signal. Anyway, there is something to do about this high invoice? What are my options? Thank you for your time and help.

Sincerely,

Erick Mendieta

icon

Beste antwoord door Hajar 1 februari 2021, 12:39

Hi @Erick Mendieta 

I would like to give you more information about your invoice. If you check your invoice you see that you are charged for the calls that you made in Mexico. You have called for a total of 104,45 minutes and you are charged € 2,29 per minute. You have unlimited calls in the EU but not outside the EU. Mexico is considered zone 3 and we apply different charges to each zone. You can check this page for more information on what applies to your rate plan. You will see that we charge € 2,29 per minute for calls made in Zone 3. I would like to advise you to check you rate plan before you travel to a country outside the EU due to the different rates we apply. I would suggest to purchase a local sim card to make calls in order to reduce higher costs. 

I hope I have provided you with sufficient information. If you have any other questions, please let me know

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +12

What are the costs for? Check on the t-mobile app or look at the invoice. Is it for data or voice calls?

Bill shocks due to data is indeed protected by warnings. For voice, a home operator is depending on not real time 'call detail records' from the foreign operator. There is no hard limit for this usage but when your credit limits are passed, your subscription could be barred waiting for a downpayment.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Erick Mendieta 

I would like to give you more information about your invoice. If you check your invoice you see that you are charged for the calls that you made in Mexico. You have called for a total of 104,45 minutes and you are charged € 2,29 per minute. You have unlimited calls in the EU but not outside the EU. Mexico is considered zone 3 and we apply different charges to each zone. You can check this page for more information on what applies to your rate plan. You will see that we charge € 2,29 per minute for calls made in Zone 3. I would like to advise you to check you rate plan before you travel to a country outside the EU due to the different rates we apply. I would suggest to purchase a local sim card to make calls in order to reduce higher costs. 

I hope I have provided you with sufficient information. If you have any other questions, please let me know

Reputatie 6
Badge +12

So somehow, you thought you were calling via whatsapp, but did actually use the native dialer and created costs. Calls which you DO make via whatsapp can not been seen by the providers. So call detail records are not created and are also not needed.

Eric, same thing happened to me, how did you solve this? is there a number I could call? I didnt even have my simcard installed in my phone and i still got charged.

Reputatie 6
Badge +12

If you take out your simcard, there is no way that T-Mobile can send you an invoice for calls. Not via the native dialer and not made via whatsapp. Even when you make whatsapp calls with your simcard over a 3G/4G internet connection with your simcard, that will not lead to charges for voicecalls unless your phone starts one, or you are beeing called on your mobile number while roaming. Receiving calls on whatsapp is also only data via Wifi or 4G mobile data. 

Reageer