Beantwoord

I switched from Unlimited 4G to 4G Home and now get half speed

• 1 maart 2018
  • 6 reacties
  • 117 Bekeken

Customer Service told me I need special 4G home modem to use 4G home SIM card. Why??
icon

Beste antwoord door tmoesel 1 maart 2018, 18:53

"Unlimited 4G voor Thuis" is throttled, 25 DL and 25 UL, see:

https://www.t-mobile.nl/4g-voor-thuis

You can use whatever CE-certified 4G device, even your smartphone with WiFi hotspot on. But normally people use the SIMcard with a 4G/LTE homerouter which has builtin firewall etc and ethernet connectors.
Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +11

You can use whatever CE-certified 4G device, even your smartphone with WiFi hotspot on. But normally people use the SIMcard with a 4G/LTE homerouter which has builtin firewall etc and ethernet connectors.

Thank you. I ordered the Netgear Aircard 790s (AC790S) 300Mbps 4G Mobile Hotspot for 60 Euros from Ebay. Will the throttle be off after I put SIM card in that???
I live 200 meters from 4G tower and my speeds before were 200 down and 80 upspeed. Then when I ordered the 4G Home they did not even send me a new SIM card. They just put the throttle on. I use it as hotspot on my Galaxy S8. I called T-Mobile customer service and she told me I need to buy a 4G home router to get the full speed back. Is she lying or telling the truth? I have to wait 30 days for the new router to come from China. Can you tell me if I get the fast speeds back with a 4G home router??
Thanks in advance.
Reputatie 6
Badge +11
The throttling is applied independent of the mobile device speed capabilities. Customer service is often not aware of various technical specs and details and it could also be that they are instructed to tell what they told you because it might be better for T-Mobile's business.

The difference / advantage is that this "Unlimited 4G voor Thuis" has its starting data limit at 100GB and not the daily 5GB. So it allows you to download large files unattended without disconnects for free top-ups. Also, you cannot roam, so only working in NL.
So I wasted 60 euros buying the Netgear 4G Aircard? The woman at T-Mobile said I should buy the Huawei 4G router for 210 Euros./ hahahah,.
The throttling is applied independent of the mobile device speed capabilities. Customer service is often not aware of various technical specs and details and it could also be that they are instructed to tell what they told you because it might be better for T-Mobile's business.

The difference / advantage is that this "Unlimited 4G voor Thuis" has its starting data limit at 100GB and not the daily 5GB. So it allows you to download large files unattended without disconnects for free top-ups. Also, you cannot roam, so only working in NL.

I think I may have found a hack on YouTube on how to bypass the throttling 😉

Reageer