Beantwoord

Anyone else getting scammed by 1play.nl?

• 31 August 2022
  • 11 reacties
  • 2610 Bekeken

1PLAY.NL somehow added a subscription to my bill for €20/month for a game !  My husband has the same.  We never agreed to it (I use my phone for work), and I imagine this is flying under the radar because parents are paying bills for their kids, see a game charged, and think nothing of it.  Meanwhile this 1play is making €20/month off everyone.  

I called T-Mobile, they can’t help because it’s “technically legal” (they say), and they have to pay the company the subscription fees.  1play isn’t picking up their phone (or they do, but are putting the phone down and you can hear the “office” noise), they don’t respond to emails, … 

https://www.1play.nl/nl-nl/helpdesk

Anyone else experiencing this?  What can we do?  More people than us must be getting scammed.  There are laws that are supposed to protect consumers from online purchases.  We’re supposed to agree to them, knowingly.  If a company is breaking these laws, why are T-mobile, KPN, etc. partnering with them?  And where is the regulating body to protect us?  

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 31 August 2022, 10:18

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Chrysann 

In this topic (Dutch) you'll read some steps on how to prevent this in the future, how to cancel this and how you can claim your money back.

Hope it helps.

There are all kinds of reasons why the 1Play plan could have been added to your mobile plan. A simple wrong click in an app can sometimes be enough.

However, the most important thing is to first make sure that the subscription to 1Play stops, have you already looked at www.payinfo.nl and followed the steps to terminate the subscription to 1Play.nl?

- Go to www.payinfo.nl
- Click on 'View & cancel' (Inzien & opzeggen)
- Enter your mobile number
- Enter the code you receive via SMS
- You can now see all subscriptions and payments from the past 3 months
- Select the service you want to cancel

Would you like to avoid paying for an SMS service or mobile service in the future? Then turn off the 'Pay for SMS services or mobile services (FTMSC)' function in My T-Mobile. To permanently block this, visit this page and choose “Blokkeren” at the Betalen van sms-diensten of mobiele diensten (FTMSC). If you would like to avoid paying for other services as well via your mobile bill, you can also click Blokkeren for Aankopen in Google Play of Apple App Store and Aankopen bij derde partijen.

Meaning: Purchases in Google Play or Apple App Store, Payment for SMS or Mobile Services (FTMSC) and purchases from third parties will no longer be possible when "Blokkeren” is enabled.

If you do not agree with the costs, T-Mobile can start an investigation, to request an investigation you have to fill in a form which can be found at this link.

“A simple wrong click in an app can sometimes be enough.” ← this seems against any regulation on digital purchases that are designed to protect consumers.  I work in tech, I’m not clicking the app wrong, and accidentally agreeing to pay €5 per week.  Certainly not for a children’s game called Frozen.  

I’ve already completed the steps in your message to block (though the link you provided is broken). 

This is NOT “the most important thing.”  The point isn’t just to resolve, it’s to prevent this from continuing to happen to others.  

I am not the only one who has been tricked.  My husband has also experienced this, and T-Mobile mentioned receiving a dozen calls exactly on this topic (people surprised to see 1play on their bill) just in the 1 hour before I called this morning !  

There’s a bigger problem here.  

1PLAY.NL somehow added a subscription to my bill for €20/month for a game !  My husband has the same.  We never agreed to it (I use my phone for work), and I imagine this is flying under the radar because parents are paying bills for their kids, see a game charged, and think nothing of it.  Meanwhile this 1play is making €20/month off everyone.  

I called T-Mobile, they can’t help because it’s “technically legal” (they say), and they have to pay the company the subscription fees.  1play isn’t picking up their phone (or they do, but are putting the phone down and you can hear the “office” noise), they don’t respond to emails, … 

https://www.1play.nl/nl-nl/helpdesk

Anyone else experiencing this?  What can we do?  More people than us must be getting scammed.  There are laws that are supposed to protect consumers from online purchases.  We’re supposed to agree to them, knowingly.  If a company is breaking these laws, why are T-mobile, KPN, etc. partnering with them?  And where is the regulating body to protect us?  

Fully agree with this message we also got redirect through TMobile to payinfo.nl and request to cancel these ridiculous subscription charges. 

Please rather set these blocking options as default

There are all kinds of reasons why the 1Play plan could have been added to your mobile plan. A simple wrong click in an app can sometimes be enough.

However, the most important thing is to first make sure that the subscription to 1Play stops, have you already looked at www.payinfo.nl and followed the steps to terminate the subscription to 1Play.nl?

- Go to www.payinfo.nl
- Click on 'View & cancel' (Inzien & opzeggen)
- Enter your mobile number
- Enter the code you receive via SMS
- You can now see all subscriptions and payments from the past 3 months
- Select the service you want to cancel

Would you like to avoid paying for an SMS service or mobile service in the future? Then turn off the 'Pay for SMS services or mobile services (FTMSC)' function in My T-Mobile. To permanently block this, visit this page and choose “Blokkeren” at the Betalen van sms-diensten of mobiele diensten (FTMSC). If you would like to avoid paying for other services as well via your mobile bill, you can also click Blokkeren for Aankopen in Google Play of Apple App Store and Aankopen bij derde partijen.

Meaning: Purchases in Google Play or Apple App Store, Payment for SMS or Mobile Services (FTMSC) and purchases from third parties will no longer be possible when "Blokkeren” is enabled.

If you do not agree with the costs, T-Mobile can start an investigation, to request an investigation you have to fill in a form which can be found at this link.

Hoi Gerrit, kun je me ook vertellen op welke pagina ik een betaal blokkade in kan stellen voor een prepaid sim van t-mobile. Ik kan in mijn account geen enkele link of verwijzing vinden voor het instellen van blokkeren van betaal services.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Dat is er waarschijnlijk niet. Gebruik de mogelijkheid van payinfo.

Die mogelijkheid is er dus niet op payinfo, op payinfo wordt ik juist naar my t-mobile verwezen

Ik kan dus op payinfo geen blokkades instellen omdat ik t-mobile heb. Dus nogmaals de vraag, waar kan ik in my t-mobile de blokkades instellen voor een prepaid simkaart?

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

@Shilka Je kunt blokkades instellen in je My T-Mobile account via: https://www.t-mobile.nl/my/tariefplan_wijzigen onder het kopje '’blokkades'’. Mocht dat niet lukken, stuur me dan gerust een privébericht met je telefoonnummer, postcode + huisnummer en je geboortedatum ter verificatie. Dan kijk ik even met je mee in je account! 

Groetjes, 

Pharwin 

Dank je wel @Pharwin Dit werkt inderdaad

Vandaar mijn verwarring , ik zat onder alle opties bij ‘instellingen’ te zoeken.

Mag ik de suggestie doen om de knop ‘prepaid tariefplan’ te hernoemen naar ‘prepaid tariefplan en instellingen’ of naar ‘prepaid tariefplan, voicemail en blokkade instellingen’? Of om dezelfde doel pagina onder het gedeelte ‘instellingen’ bereikbaar te maken?

Ik zat onder ‘abonnement en instellingen’ te kijken, en op alle andere links in ‘instellingen’, maar daar staan dus helemaal geen instellingen;

Het is voor mij in ieder geval verwarrend genoeg geweest dat je de instellingen voor prepaid dus juist niet onder ‘instellingen’ moet zoeken, maar in plaats daarvan in ‘algemeen'. Misschien iets om eens in de groep te gooien :)

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi @Shilka

Wat fijn om te lezen dat het is gelukt! Ik zal je feedback doorgeven aan mijn collega’s. Wellicht passen we hebben binnenkort aan. Als er nog iets is, kun je altijd een nieuw topic aanmaken hier op de Community. Voor nu wens ik je een fijne dag toe!

Hey Johrick! En dank je wel voor het doorgeven! Fijne dag.

Reageer