Beantwoord

[Pilot] Bellen via het UNLIMITED 4G netwerk van T-Mobile (VoLTE)

Toon eerste reactie
This topic has been closed for comments

232 reacties

Hello,

I would like to join the program, not that much for VoWifi, but the VoLTE.
I am working actively as a network engineer and I am spending a lot of time on the phone, being on a remote servers as well, so need fast connection while talking.
I am rolling around Eindhoven city a lot, so far saw a nice network coverage in the whole city.

Thank you in advance!

Regards!
Hi,

I would alos like to sign up for calling over wifi, the coverage in my office is pretty bad and using wifi would help.

Regards,
Hi,

Ik zou graag namens on bedrijf meedoen aan deze pilot. In ons bedrijfspand is een erg slechte dekking en we willen zien of dit de oplossing biedt.

Jorian
Please count me in for the pilot for VoWifi as well. The reception is very poor in side the house. Wifi is good with fiber and Unify accesspoints.
Reputatie 2
Wat is het laatste nieuws omtrent VoLTE?
Reputatie 5
Badge +11
BassWave schreef:

Wat is het laatste nieuws omtrent VoLTE?

Tele2 (=T-Mobile) heeft kosteloos VoLTE.
Is het nog steeds zo dat, wanneer je naar Unlimited+VS ophoogt, je ook automatisch VoLTE krijgt? En werkt VoLTE dan ook in de VS?
Ik loot graag mee, heb een oneplus 6 met T-Mobile unlimited Europa.
Is er al een update over vowifi?
Reputatie 2
Sinds oktober heb ik op mijn dual sim Note 9 VoWIFI via mijn zakelijke KPN sim. Geen telefoontje meer gemist thuis. Wanneer gaat T-Mobile dit nu eens leveren?
Reputatie 3
Badge +1
T-Mobile is er nog steeds mee bezig. KPN heeft dit ook pas "recent" aan de praat , het is best nog ingewikkelde technologie. Als je het echt wilt gebruiken moet je inderdaad bij KPN/Voda of Tele2 zijn. Tele2 en T-Mobile zijn nu 1 bedrijf, dus eigenlijk hebben ze het wel 🙂
Please count me.
It is actually quite funny, as t-mobile nl requires me to subscribe to the most expensive package(unlimited Eu+USA) to be able to use/test VoLTE&VoWIFI in the NL.... However I'm often traveling to Hungary and surprisingly I'm able to use VoLTE in the bigger cities with my t-mobile nl simcard(I have unlimited EU package). How is this possible?

There is one thing I can tell. The quality of the calls are significantly better. It sounds real HD for sure.

By the way I'm using oneplus 6 device.
Reputatie 5
Badge +11
hunhool schreef:

Please count me.
It is actually quite funny, as t-mobile nl requires me to subscribe to the most expensive package(unlimited Eu+USA) to be able to use/test VoLTE&VoWIFI in the NL.... However I'm often traveling to Hungary and surprisingly I'm able to use VoLTE in the bigger cities with my t-mobile nl simcard(I have unlimited EU package). How is this possible?

There is one thing I can tell. The quality of the calls are significantly better. It sounds real HD for sure.

Which network/provider are on in Hungary during those VoLTE calls?
AFAIK in NL oneplus is not even on the VoLTE compliance/compatiblity list, but you can look that up for yourself. Maybe you can force national roaming to Tele2 in NL, they have quite some compliant devices in their list as far as I remember.
tmoesel schreef:

hunhool schreef:

Please count me.

AFAIK in NL oneplus is not even on the VoLTE compliance/compatiblity list, but you can look that up for yourself. Maybe you can force national roaming to Tele2 in NL, they have quite some compliant devices in their list as far as I remember.

T-home(t-mobile) network.
About the device. I'm not sure how it works, but my device has the feature to turn on/off volte and wifi calls.
Reputatie 5
Badge +11
hunhool schreef:

tmoesel schreef:

hunhool schreef:

Please count me.

About the device. I'm not sure how it works, but my device has the feature to turn on/off volte and wifi calls.

Note that HD voice over 3G can sound like VoLTE. You can force your oneplus to only accept 4G networks/frequencies. If you configure that, and you can stll make voicecalls in Hungary then you are using VoLTE. Or just look at the icon statusbar if it flips to 3G during voicecall.
Also note that T-Mobiles around the world are different networks and and can use different equipment and different software configurations, so if the one in Hungary supports your oneplus6, you can assume that VoLTE will be used at locations where 4G is equal or better than 3G/2G.
tmoesel schreef:

hunhool schreef:

tmoesel schreef:

hunhool schreef:

Please count me.

Note that HD voice over 3G can sound like VoLTE. You can force your oneplus to only accept 4G networks/frequencies. If you configure that, and you can stll make voicecalls in Hungary then you are using VoLTE. Or just look at the icon statusbar if it flips to 3G during voicecall.
Also note that T-Mobiles around the world are different networks and and can use different equipment and different software configurations, so if the one in Hungary supports your oneplus6, you can assume that VoLTE will be used at locations where 4G is equal or better than 3G/2G.

I barely have 3G/2G in Hungary(luckily). I didn't realize I'm using VoLTE until I seen the logo on the notification bar. Usually if I make a phone call it drops back to 3G/2G but normally 4G or 4G+ all the time.
There is a hack method on xda forums where you can make changes in the phone's radio settings(or something like that) to make the device able to use VoLTE and VoWifi.
I tried and now it works. (unfortunately not in Holland) I know people using the same device+hack and they are able to use VoLTE and VoWifi on Vodafone nl network.
Reputatie 3
Badge +1
It sounds quite impossible to use VoLTE while roaming with your Dutch simcard. No operator has VoLTE roaming life, even not Tele2 although they have the most supported handsets and already VoLTE since 3 years in the Netherlands.
The T-Mobile core/ IMS supports only a few customers compared to their installed base. VOLTE is not really life in The Netherlands, the step to interconnect with foreign operators with local breakout or S8 Home Routing sounds very far from reality. Specifically with a Oneplus device.
eric_2 schreef:

It sounds quite impossible to use VoLTE while roaming with your Dutch simcard. No operator has VoLTE roaming life, even not Tele2 although they have the most supported handsets and already VoLTE since 3 years in the Netherlands.
The T-Mobile core/ IMS supports only a few customers compared to their installed base. VOLTE is not really life in The Netherlands, the step to interconnect with foreign operators with local breakout or S8 Home Routing sounds very far from reality. Specifically with a Oneplus device.

Sorry but that is actually incorrect. Vodafone NL offers VoLTE roaming on their Vodafone Partner networks around Europe, and even outside of Europe. So it should be possible for T-Mobile NL to have it also, but as it is not live in NL I can hardly imagine to have it live in roaming.
Reputatie 3
Badge +1
JassyNL schreef:

Sorry but that is actually incorrect. Vodafone NL offers VoLTE roaming on their Vodafone Partner networks around Europe, and even outside of Europe. So it should be possible for T-Mobile NL to have it also, but as it is not live in NL I can hardly imagine to have it live in roaming.

I think that statement need some proof. If I look at Vodafone websites, it does tell a different story:

https://www.vodafone.nl/4gbellen/

https://discover.vodafone.in/super-volte-4g-hd-voice-calls

Doe sinds een tijdje mee aan de VOLTE pilot. Ik ben erg tevreden over de dienst. De gesprekskwaliteit is erg goed, verbindingen komen razendsnel tot stand en ik heb nog geen storingen kunnen ontdekken. Er is één ding om rekening mee te houden. Verbindingen komen zo snel tot stand (volte, vaste nummers) dat bij het indrukken van de belknop de telefoon direct overgaat. Dus een ongewenste uitgaande oproep is niet meer weg te drukken, zonder dat de tegenpartij erachter komt.

Ik heb de dienst draaiende op verschillende telefoons. Ook op de Oneplus 6 heb ik het werkend gekregen. Hiervoor is een kleine aanpassing nodig welke d.m.v. Een stukje software is door te voeren. Na een update is het wel noodzakelijk de procedure te herhalen. Mochten er geïnteresseerden zijn dan hoor ik het wel en zal ik de link naar het artikel posten.
Reputatie 5
Badge +11
@markfromarnhem
Interessant! Tof dat je ervaringen zo goed zijn. Gebruik je het Go Unlimited + USA abonnement? Ben wel benieuwd naar het linkje inderdaad, heb zelf een Google Pixel 2 XL en wellicht is de procedure daarvoor wel vergelijkbaar.
DennisAmeling schreef:

@markfromarnhem
Interessant! Tof dat je ervaringen zo goed zijn. Gebruik je het Go Unlimited + USA abonnement? Ben wel benieuwd naar het linkje inderdaad, heb zelf een Google Pixel 2 XL en wellicht is de procedure daarvoor wel vergelijkbaar.

Hoi Dennis, ik doe mee met mee met de Volte pilot en heb een go Unlimited standaard. De procedure voor Oneplus 6 staat beschreven op https://android-hubo.de/thread/8127-anleitung-oneplus-6-6t-dual-volte-vowifi-freischalten-de-en-ohne-root/?pageNo=1

Als je Duits Duits verstaat is de procedure te vinden. https://youtu.be/ALmpaiahKas

Het Volte profiel dat ik gebruik is DT-commercial.

Nog even een andere medeling. De dienst werkt, maar tmobile geeft officiële ondersteuning voor toestellen buiten de lijst op de website. Het kan echter geen kwaad voor gebruiker of netwerk. Alleen bij een probleem kan men je niet helpen.

Het programma is van qualcomm (de maker van de Soc), je processor) de procedure zal denk ik vergelijkbaar zijn. Wel op eigen risico natuurlijk. Ben aardig thuis met ict zaken dus ben niet bang voor een uitdaging. Heb je weinig ervaring en weet je niet hoe de software weer hersteld kan worden begin er dan niet aan. Altijd een backup maken van je foto's, contacten in de cloud of via een andere weg,mocht je tot daad overgaan.
JassyNL schreef:

Is het nog steeds zo dat, wanneer je naar Unlimited+VS ophoogt, je ook automatisch VoLTE krijgt? En werkt VoLTE dan ook in de VS?

Kan iemand van T-Mobile hier op terug komen?
Reputatie 3
Badge +1
VoLTE roaming (dus in het buitenland) werkt nog nergens. Ook niet met een sim van de andere Nederlandse operators die VoLTE voor alle klanten al hebben uitgerold. De 3GPP specificatie is er wel (S8 home routing) , maar implementatie laat nog steeds op zich wachten.
Graag zou ik meedoen aan VoLTE , is er nog plek ?