Beantwoord

The internet is soooo slow, how can I solve it?

• 12 maart 2017
  • 8 reacties
  • 860 Bekeken

Hi,

I've subscribed the unlimited internet service, 36 euros/month. But I found this service is not quite stable. Sometimes the internet is so slow that I can not watch youtube with the lowest quality. I have to wait for the buffering for a long time. Such bad experience happens frequently, especially in the evening.

I don't know what to do with such bad network. I don't want to suffer from it for the following 12 months.

Regards,
Quentin
icon

Beste antwoord door Hajar 17 maart 2017, 08:57

Hi Quentin,

The Go unlimited data has a daily limit of 5GB and afterwords you can activate an MB-aanvuller unlimited times. This way you will always have access to unlimited data. In order to activate an MB -aanvuller you need to create another My T-Mobile account with your 097 number. On this page you will find more information on how to create an account.

Unfortunately, your data speed seems to be a problem. Have you tried a different sim card in your device at the T-Mobile Shop? Since your sim card seems to be the cause of your problem, I will send you a new and cost free sim card that you can use in your tablet. Hopefully this will solve your issue. You will receive the sim card within 3 days and you can activate the sim card on this page.

Please keep us posted about the results!
Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +17
Hoi QuentinCheung,

That's strange.. You're supposed to have a normal or high speed with your contract. It's good that you contacted us about this. Don't worry, we will solve this for you. ;)

Since when are you experiencing a slower internet speed? Have you tried your internet connection on different locations? If you're experiencing this on one specific location, can you give us the zip code? Are you connected to our 4G network?

Please try your simcard in a different phone. This way we can detect if the problem is caused by your phone or your simcard/ our network.

Hi Issam,

Thanks for the quick response.

I only use the internet at home, the zip code is 9203 EB. For the same place the speed could be high and sometimes extreme low.

Generally I suffer from it two days (not necessarily consecutive) in one week. I've tried to power-off the wifi and restart it or shift the band from 2.4 to 5 GHz. But nothing changes. Also, I'm sure that I connect to the right 4G network.

Shall I change the sim card to another phone? Since it works well most of the time. Actually, I've bought the Huawei wifi gadget.

Thanks for your help and looking forward to hearing from you.

Quentin
Hi Issam,

It's me again. The internet of the T-mobile Unlimited sucks again just now.

To prepare for all the possibilities, I tried to shift the card to two different iPhones, one old and one new. Same results, wifi is available on both phones, but can only support the 144P youtube video. I also tried to cool the wifi gadget down by take out the battery and waited for twenty minutes. Unfortunately, same result.

To exclude other potential affects (say other signals), I use my own 4G T-mobile phone sim card as the wifi source almost at the same time. And I can watch 1080P youtube video smoothly.

FYI, when I got home tonight, I didn't touch the Huawei wifi. At the beginning, everything is ok, the wifi is great. After about half an hour, the wifi became worse. And I encountered such low speed on the last Saturday afternoon. I did nothing to the gadget and it turned good the following morning.

I was frustrated by now and can't figure out what's the problem is. The only possible explanation for this is that you T-mobile can not handle huge data impact for certain period. And I'm one of the victims.

Frankly speaking, I was disappointed. I didn't plan to spend 36 and other 80 necessary Euros (for the first month) to get such service. Please help me and don't make me to choose other company's service.

Kind regards,
Quentin
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi Quentin,

That's quite unfortunate! If I'm understanding correctly, you're experiencing the slow internet via the Huawei device? If you place the sim in your phone, it works well? How much data did you use when the slow internet started? Is it possible that you've used your daily limit of 5 GB? Since it works well at the start and the next morning, it could be an explanation for the slow internet. You can always add more data after using the 5 GB, but you're not using My T-Mobile with the Go subscription. Through My T-Mobile you can add data after the daily bundle has been used.

I have checked the network on the zip code that you gave us and the coverage is very strong around your place. You can also check this on our Dekkingskaart. You should be able to receive a proper internet connection!

Have you tried the sim card of your Go subscription in any other device than the Huawei router? If not, could you test this as well, to be sure that the sim card does work properly.

Hopefully you can get back to as swiftly with the results of your tests! If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask! 🙂
Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

FYI, I've tried the sim card on various devices (Huawei router, iPhone 5, iPhone SE). On all those devices, the problem is the same. In fact, I've mentioned this very very clearly in the former reply.

Also, I don't think there should be some "Daily limit of 5G", since I ordered the "unlimited internet" sim card. Sometimes in the morning, I found the internet speed was quite slow.

For the network around my apartment issue, I think your argument doesn't make sense. I've mentioned in the former reply I can use the 4G network from my usual sim card, meanwhile the "unlimited-internet" sim card doesn't work properly. So I think this is not simply the "general" network issue.

This problem is really annoying, for I can only show it to you exactly when it doesn't work properly (sometimes it becomes normal and the speed is satisfactory.) In fact, yesterday, when I demonstrated it to your college in the T-mobile shop, I even can not search with Google!

I guess it will not be quite hard for you to check my internet usage. If you need, I can provide my card number. It's quite clear there is some problem.

Or may be you can provide some solutions to get over such problem.

Regards,
Quentin
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi Quentin,

The Go unlimited data has a daily limit of 5GB and afterwords you can activate an MB-aanvuller unlimited times. This way you will always have access to unlimited data. In order to activate an MB -aanvuller you need to create another My T-Mobile account with your 097 number. On this page you will find more information on how to create an account.

Unfortunately, your data speed seems to be a problem. Have you tried a different sim card in your device at the T-Mobile Shop? Since your sim card seems to be the cause of your problem, I will send you a new and cost free sim card that you can use in your tablet. Hopefully this will solve your issue. You will receive the sim card within 3 days and you can activate the sim card on this page.

Please keep us posted about the results!
Hi Hajar,

Thanks for your kind reply. Your explanation solved my problem. The problem is that I didn't know there is indeed a daily limitation, which is not introduced by the sales.

From my experience, the limitation is some kind of 24-hour limitation rather than exactly daily limitation. For on some morning, I can not use the quick internet, which may be caused the huge-using the night before.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. One suggestion may be when the daily limitation is reached, T-mobile can send a reminder. With such reminder, both the customers and you service guys could save a lot trouble.
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi Quentin,

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that my explanation helped you further. We actually do send out a reminder when you have used 80% and 100& of your data bundle. The reason why you didn't receive this SMS is because you activated a barring on Saldo SMS. I have deleted this barring and from now on you will receive an SMS whenever your daily limit is reached.

If you have any questions further, please let me know! 😉

Reageer