Beantwoord

When calling abroad, people see random local numbers instead of my Dutch T-Mobile one

• 16 February 2022
  • 10 reacties
  • 126 Bekeken

Reputatie 1

Hello,

I recently changed my phone, from a Samsung to an Iphone. Because I am a student and I also have a Romanian mobile plan, I decided to get a T-Mobile esim to use the dual sim feature of the phone. However, I experience a very strange issue: when phoning back to Romania, the people I call see random Romanian phone numbers (starting in +40) instead of my Dutch number (starting in +31). This is especially weird since the numbers displayed are different every time and the quality of the calls is also bad. When people call me, I do not experience any issue and the quality is good. It seems as though all my calls get intermediated through national Romanian landline numbers.

What is happening ? Is it because of the esim ? Is it because of the Iphone ?

How can I solve this problem ? It is really annoying because people do not know I am the one calling them and they see weird numbers that they do not recognize instead.

Thanks for takind your time to read this !

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 17 February 2022, 00:01

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Mihnea Florescu 

Can you remove the Romanian simcard once and see if the problem then still persists?

Reputatie 1

Hello,

I already tried that. Removed the Romanian simcard from my new phone, put it in the old one and tried calling the Romanian number from my Dutch one. I still saw a random Romanian number ( also looked like a landline from the preffix ).

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Try to manually connect to a different mobile operator. In an outgoing call, the home operator is not involved. By using another local roaming operator, this should not happen there 

Reputatie 1

I am not sure what you mean by this.

Should I change my operator when selecting the network and then change it again ?

I have also been suggested that IRSF fraud might also be the case. Can it be ?

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

When you go in your phone to network settings, you can choose 'search manually for networks'. The phone will than take a few minuts and present you all the networks it sees in the area. Select than a different operator than the one you are automatically connected to.

Mobile networks are very good protected. This is not fraud. Some routing issue, choosing a route to send the call over in the network which triggers a different CLI is just a technical issue in the roaming network.

Reputatie 1

Just tried that out now. Selected another network manually, then switched to T-Mobile NL. Didn’t work. The person I called still sees a random shady Romanian number. The quality of the call is also horrible, like the connection was passed through the worst ever mobile lines. When someone who has my number calls me though, the connection quality is excellent. That is why I am suspecting that somehow all my calls to Romania get re-reouted through some vary shady company with poor connection.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

You must manually select a different romanian network, not switch back to T-Mobile NL. (I assume you are still in Romania)

1. Druk op Instellingen.
  2. Druk op Mobiel netwerk.
  3. Druk op Netwerkselectie.
  4. Druk op de indicator naast "Automatisch" om automatisch kiezen van netwerken in of uit te schakelen.
  5. Als je de functie uitschakelt, druk dan op het gewenste netwerk.

You can use: Orange, Telekom Romania or the Vodafone network in Romania.

Reputatie 1

Nope, I am not still in Romania. That is the weird thing: I am in the Netherlands with a Dutch number and when I phone to Romania people see weird Romanian numbers and the connection is way worse than when they call me.

Reputatie 1

Update: It was a very stressful day, talked to 5 different agents, went to the T-Mobile store for 2 hours, nothing.

No one could help me, nobody knew what was happening. The guy at the helpdesk tried his best to help me and we exchanged different SIM cards between different phones, but nothing solved the issue. Now, I got a new eSIM and it doesn’t even work. It shows no services and I called support again and they say that my SIM appeaes active in their system but that they encountered a sync problem. I just hope waiting will solve it.

Reputatie 7

@Mihnea Florescu 

I just replied to your other topic, since that is the new issue. In order to keep it central and clear, I’m closing this topic.