Beantwoord

[English] Pause of contract

Hello, I am not in the Netherlands and I am not using my T-mobile simcard, and won't be using it until the start of September. I want to know if there is a way of pausing my contract to avoid paying for the months of July and August while I will not be using this simcard. Please let me know.

Thank you,

M
icon

Beste antwoord door David 4 juli 2017, 10:26

Hi M,

A complete pause of your subscription is not possible, but I deactivated your bundles of data and call minutes. This way you will pay the smallest fee for your subscription, which consists of the 'Startabonnement'. You can't deactivate this bundle, but now you will only pay €10,- for the next couple of months. When you're back in town you can turn on your bundles, on My T-Mobile. You can switch these bundles once per month, so if you're leaving the Netherlands for some time, you can adjust your bundles.

Hopefully this is a solution to your liking? If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!
Bekijk origineel

14 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi M,

A complete pause of your subscription is not possible, but I deactivated your bundles of data and call minutes. This way you will pay the smallest fee for your subscription, which consists of the 'Startabonnement'. You can't deactivate this bundle, but now you will only pay €10,- for the next couple of months. When you're back in town you can turn on your bundles, on My T-Mobile. You can switch these bundles once per month, so if you're leaving the Netherlands for some time, you can adjust your bundles.

Hopefully this is a solution to your liking? If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!
Great! Thank you.

M
I had the same question, as I won't be needing my t-mobile sim until September. Where can I change my subscription to the 10€/month?

Thank you,
Amanda
Reputatie 4
Hoi Amanda,

Welcome to our forum!

I deactivated the bundles so that you only pay €10 per month. When you need your subscription again you can activate the bundles really easy on your My T-Mobile account. You have to go to 'Bundels aanpassen (adapt bundles)' en then you click on 'Internet' and 'Minuten (minutes)', as you can see on the added screenshot. Then you can choose the bundle of data and minutes that you need. :D

I hope you are satisfied with the service and the answer. If you have any other questions, please ask. We are here to help you !
Hi,

I have a follow up question. I need to pay for June and I got an e-mail saying "automatische incasso mislukt". I know that this means that the automatic withdrawal from my account didn't work, and it was because I wasn't managing my Dutch bank account as I am abroad. I have already deposited money into my bank account to pay for this phone bill. However, when I try to pay with the "Betaal" option in the e-mail, I have to go through the iDeal payment process that requires a text message to be sent. As I am abroad, I am not able to receive this text message and cannot approve the payment. I want to know if you can try the "automatische incasso" again if there is a way, because I have no way to confirm the payment.

Thank you,

M
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi Majufm,

Thank you for your question. I see that the bill of July is still not paid for. We cannot withdraw this amount automatically, because the first two attempt have already failed. Which means you have to pay the amount yourself.

If I look into in the system I see that you're currently in the Netherlands. Have you already returned from your trip or aren't you connected with a foreign network? You don't have any barrings which means you should be able to receive an SMS. Why can't you receive a text message? How long have you been experiencing this problem? If you're still abroad please make sure you connect with a foreign network. Otherwise you won't have service and you won't be able to call or text. You can select the country that you're in on this page and see what networks are available in that country.

These are the 3 payment methods that you can use. Please let me know if this works! 🙂
Hi,

I went to the T-Mobile store in Rokin (Amsterdam) today, and asked someone for help to switch my bundle back to the way it was. I asked him to switch my bundle to exactly the way it was before (when I paid 22.48) and he didn't seem very keen on helping me but he assured me that he had changed it and it was settled. Being a little skeptical about the hastiness of his solution, I logged in to check my subscription to see that he had changed it to a bundle paying 19.99 p/m. I see I'm still paying some fee called "Stel Samen & Stel Bij" that I'm not sure I was paying before the change, and I also see I don't have any minutes to call on my bundle either. I want to know why the price is still different, what the above mentioned fee is, and if I can use minutes to call. If not, I just want a bundle with 6gb internet and unlimited minutes to call like I did before and pay a max of 22.48, like I used to. I'm not sure that the man at the store helped me today.

Regards,

M
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi Majlufm,

Sorry to hear that you felt the employee didn't help you well enough. He did in fact add the L-bundle, but it seems he forgot the minutes.

I have added your previous bundle, 120 minutes (to use in the Netherlands and the EU). You stated you want unlimited calls, but also that you wanted it back to the way it was and don't want to pay more than before. If you still want the unlimited calls, then you'll pay €2,50 more. If you want this, let us know, we'll adjust it! Stel Samen & Stel Bij is the name and "base" of your subscription. This is mandatory for this subscription and it has always been part of your contract. You can see your monthly charges on My T-Mobile.

If you need any further help, feel free to ask!
Hello,

I have been charged 31.77 euros this month for my plan, and I don't understand why as I thought my bundle was going to return to its original state. I would appreciate it if you could explain this surge in price.

Thank you,

M
Reputatie 7
Badge +19
Hi Majlufm,

Because your subscription was changed in the beginning of September, which is in the middle of your monthly payment, part of the previous month had not been charged yet. These costs are now settled in the invoice of this month.

If you look closer into the specifications on the invoice, you will see the costs for September 1st - September 21st, which are the costs from previous month. This is why the total amount is higher than normal. Next month you will indeed pay the original price again.

I hope my answer clears things up! If not, feel free to ask your questions. 🙂
Dear T-mobile

I have a same problem.
I am going back to my home country tonight, so won't be able to call to the service centre directly.
I will come back to the Netherlands one year later, so really want to suspend my contract temporarily while I'm not using it.
Can I change my subscription to the 10€/month as well?
Also I want to know how much it will cost if I cancel my subscription.
Thank you.
Reputatie 7
Badge +19
Hi Minw,

No worries, there are some options and I will tell you which ones!

You have a different kind of contract than the customer above, so the € 10,- per month is not possible. With a Go contract, you can switch down to the 1 GB which is € 18,99 per month.

Another option is to buy off the contract, which is 50% of the monthly costs without discounts. For you, if I'd stop the contract next month, this will come down to more or less € 138,20. It's also possible to buy off the contract and change it to PrePaid, so you won't lose the number.

A third option is possible only if you're moving to another country with T-Mobile. These countries are:

Duitsland, Verenigde Staten (USA), Oostenrijk, Tsjechië, Hongarije, Slowakije, Macedonië, Montenegro, Polen, Kroatië, Verenigd Koninkrijk (UK, via de provider 'Everything Everywhere').

Are you perhaps moving to one of these countries? If so, you can transfer the contract to that provider.

Hopefully this will give you some good options. Please let me know if I can help you with setting something in motion or answer more questions!
Thank you for replying!
I would like to buy off my contract and change it to prepaid.

Thank you,
Minw
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi Minw,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have filed a cancellation requested for you. Your contract will be terminated on 12 July due to the month notice. I have also send you the confirmation mail in which you can find you cancellation fee.

I hope you're satisfied with my help! If you have any questions, please let me know!

Reageer