Beantwoord

New subscription request rejected

• 25 november 2016
  • 7 reacties
  • 1252 Bekeken

Reputatie 2
Badge
Hi! I have a question. My friend wanted to buy new iPhone and change her abonament to Tmobile. She requested new contract at Tmobile via Typhone. At first they told her that the polish id is not fine and she has to provide residence permit. For Eu there is no residence permit so she send her passport. Today she told me that Typhone told her that Tmobile rejected her abonament and the money she paid for phone will be refunded. The worst part is tgat you dont want to tell the reason why you rejected her abonament and now she is thinking of going to other provided as she said that this is the worst service she experienced. Could you provide some clarification on resident permit and the reason she was refused abo from you?
icon

Beste antwoord door Amy 28 november 2016, 09:34

Hey Mpiotrek, 🙂

Nice of you to ask this for your friend! There are several rules if you want to order a T-Mobile subscription with a foreign pasport.

New T-Mobile rateplan + handset: for this type of order one of the following identification types is required:

• Dutch European Identity card
  • Dutch Driver’s licence
  • Dutch passport
  • Foreign passport with IND sticker
  • Residence permit types 1-4
  • Residence card type EU/EER
  • Privileged document.

The IND sticker (proof of registration), was used until a few years ago as a requirement for EU citizens to obtain a subscription with a device. However, since 2013 the IND has stopped the registration of EU citizens and thus also with providing this sticker/proof of registration. Since then the policy for EU citizens has been changed. You can also get a T-Mobile subscription by presenting a passport or national ID card.

The IND sticker was used as a form of registration for five years and therefore it is still used in our system. It allows people who have this document to get a subscription with a device until January 1, 2018. However, the IND sticker is not required anymore, but serves as an additional service to the customer.

Does your friend also has a bankcard which is older than 4 months and a dutch adress? We can not directly see why her subscription is cancled because this is private information. She can fill in this form. You can find more information here. Unfortunately it's in Dutch..

Hopefully this is enough information. If you have any other questions, let me know!
Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +15
Hey Mpiotrek, 🙂

Nice of you to ask this for your friend! There are several rules if you want to order a T-Mobile subscription with a foreign pasport.

New T-Mobile rateplan + handset: for this type of order one of the following identification types is required:
  • Dutch European Identity card
  • Dutch Driver’s licence
  • Dutch passport
  • Foreign passport with IND sticker
  • Residence permit types 1-4
  • Residence card type EU/EER
  • Privileged document.

The IND sticker (proof of registration), was used until a few years ago as a requirement for EU citizens to obtain a subscription with a device. However, since 2013 the IND has stopped the registration of EU citizens and thus also with providing this sticker/proof of registration. Since then the policy for EU citizens has been changed. You can also get a T-Mobile subscription by presenting a passport or national ID card.

The IND sticker was used as a form of registration for five years and therefore it is still used in our system. It allows people who have this document to get a subscription with a device until January 1, 2018. However, the IND sticker is not required anymore, but serves as an additional service to the customer.

Does your friend also has a bankcard which is older than 4 months and a dutch adress? We can not directly see why her subscription is cancled because this is private information. She can fill in this form. You can find more information here. Unfortunately it's in Dutch..

Hopefully this is enough information. If you have any other questions, let me know!
Good evening.
I am also refused a t-mobile contract with my EU passport. I posses both a dutch home, a dutch bank pass, and an EU passport. According to the information above I should be able to get a contract.

What can I do to get help?
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Good evening.
I am also refused a t-mobile contract with my EU passport. I posses both a dutch home, a dutch bank pass, and an EU passport. According to the information above I should be able to get a contract.

What can I do to get help?

Hi Dan,

I have answered your private message.
Hi.
I got t-mobile contract for a year and want to take another one with new phone for my wife and t-mobile rejected me as I got Polish ID card. First the lady in t-mobile shop say that I need only my bank card and after i give it she say I need some Dutch ID.
Reputatie 4
Hoi Pawel P,

Welcome to our community! :)

When you have a Polish ID card you can definetly get a T-Mobile subscription, but only a Sim Only contract. That means that if you need a device, you can pay for it in advance and you can combine that with a Sim Only contract. You can find more information about our regulations and how to order an subscription on our website.

I hope my information will give you more clarity and I already welcome your wife to our T-Mobile family. If you have any questions, please let me know!
There is nothing about any specific ID if Im existing customer:
"Existing customer: Are you already a T-Mobile customer and do you want to renew your subscription or add a second rateplan? This is possible with every valid identity document that belongs to you."
If Im not allowed as existing customer with Polish ID to get new contract with new phone on pay monthly that should be writen there and not saying what is written above.
Reputatie 4
Hoi Pawel P,

Thank you for your response!

That information means that you can get a Sim Only contract from us, if you want to add a second rateplan. If your friend needs a device, she can buy one in advance and then she can combine it with the Sim Only subscription.

I will ask my collagues to adjust the information on the website, so there won't be any miscommunication in the future. 🙂

Reageer