Beantwoord

Receiving New iPhone 12 Pro Problem

• 8 januari 2021
  • 5 reacties
  • 306 Bekeken

Hello,

The situation is complicated so here it is.

I have ordered my new iPhone 12 Pro 128GB (Pacific Blue) on November 2, 2020 at T-Mobile store (Rokin, Amsterdam). That time, I had my old residence permit (due to expire Dec 1, 2020) and finished drafting a contract with the shop employee there. The lady in the shop did not mention anything regarding my permit expiration and the system just approved the contract.

I have waited more than 2 months (at first at the store, the lady told me the waiting time was only 2 weeks). I have been patient with this waiting time because I understood the whole situation of supply and demand for new iPhone. The day has came, on January 6, 2021, the courier from AMP came to our building to hand in the new iPhone. However, because my residence permit expired in December and had to get new residence permit from IND, I had different ID number from what was written on the contract. I understand that the courier cannot hand out the phone without matching the correct ID number.

I have called T-Mobile more than 10 times past two days. Half of the times conversation has interrupted because for some unknown reason, call was ended. In addition, every employee of yours tell me different answers so I got super confused. I had to explain the situation over and over again and the conclusion was that ‘T-Mobile can’t change the ID number on the contract so I had to cancel the order and place a new order’. I’ve asked, then who will compensate the time I have waited for two months, and T-Mobile simply said ‘That is your fault’. I don’t understand why simple change of the number on the contract is impossible, and the treatment towards new customer is just absolutely rude.

So today, I tried to place a new order online via the webshop. In the process of filling in my personal information, it gave me an error that my documentnummer is incorrect; even though my ID was official from IND.

Here’s the thing. I have Type I residence permit and on the order page, it lists what kind of document I have to order a new phone. I asked one of your employee and all he said was that if I am not Dutch, I cannot get 2 years contract. Then why did you even list the type of documents (Type 1-4 residence permit etc) on the page if we are not able to order a new phone if we are not Dutch? I find this very ridiculous.

Also today, I have seen that people with residence permit holders must have used Sim-Only for a year or so to get credit checked, here’s the fact. I have had T-Mobile contract for 2 years (Sep 2016 - Sep 2018) then I switched to Lebara pre-paid until now.

Anyways, thanks to T-Mobile and their poor system, I have waited 2 months for nothing, and just ended up with anger. T-Mobile better fix this issue.

icon

Beste antwoord door David 8 januari 2021, 17:11

Hi @nicokim,

That's quite an unfortunate series of events! 

I can't check the current status or what has been discussed previously, since I don't have your info right now. Have you been in touch with my colleagues since your message?

By looking at the error in your screenshot it appears that the expiration date is something the system can't process. This is usually the case with permits that have a shorter expiration date than 5 years. Can you check if it works when you stretch the expiration date? Also, are you using a Dutch or foreign bank account number? If it is the latter, then that's the issue right there, then you can only get a Sim Only. However, with your permit and a Dutch bank account, you should be able to request a contract with a mobile device.

Hopefully these suggestions work for you! Keep us posted!

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @nicokim,

That's quite an unfortunate series of events! 

I can't check the current status or what has been discussed previously, since I don't have your info right now. Have you been in touch with my colleagues since your message?

By looking at the error in your screenshot it appears that the expiration date is something the system can't process. This is usually the case with permits that have a shorter expiration date than 5 years. Can you check if it works when you stretch the expiration date? Also, are you using a Dutch or foreign bank account number? If it is the latter, then that's the issue right there, then you can only get a Sim Only. However, with your permit and a Dutch bank account, you should be able to request a contract with a mobile device.

Hopefully these suggestions work for you! Keep us posted!

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. It still does not work with the extended date of the permit. And yes, I do have Dutch bank account. Any other options?

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @nicokim 

If you can’t place your order online you can try to contact our sales department. They might be able to help you with your order. You can reach them on this free number 0800-8104 and they will gladly help you with your request!

Hi @Hajar 

I have called the number few days ago but seems like the system still doesn’t recognize my ID number. Maybe T-Mobile should update their ID number system because my ID number is official from IND and IT SHOULD WORK!

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @nicokim 

Can you send me a private message with your 06-number, your order number, name, full address and the last 4 digits of your account number? I would like to look into your situation. 

Reageer