Beantwoord

Subscription with EU Passport

Hi!

I have a big question that makes me feel very disturbed.

Im from Scandinavia and I have now for 3 days trying to start an subscription with t mobile with an iPhone.

All works good until then see that I don't have a dutch passport or residence permit.
Something that according to both gemente and the IND.NL is not needed. And that ALL Phone companies are aware of this, they are informed.
As already since 2014 is this not needed.

Due to me not having any of these can I not get a subscription. Because im not dutch? I have to pay to get a residence permit when I don't need it for anything els here in this country?

T mobile says this is because people sign up on subscription and leave the country with the phones and don't pay ever again, they disappear. Sorry but this story can't hold up. What because some maffia persons in this city do this?Thats why im not able to get one?

When you try this online the system and the persons say very different things.
Its like they have this rule to be able to banish the people they want.

To be honest all phone companies Ive bought simcard from in Amsterdam end up with that people are calling me asking for someone els. So its like they are selling old persons cards, hopefully not phones to.

I don't understand this rule what so ever.

I live here
Am registered
PAY TAX
Get salary from my job
And my passport is something you can search anywhere I would go if I decide o be idiotic and steal your phone and never come back...

Its 2018, you can find me.

Please explain. I will be phone less during my living im holland ulless I go and pay for residence permit that I don't even need.
icon

Beste antwoord door Folkert 20 december 2018, 21:07

Hi Isabelle,

As far as I know you can only subscribe to a Sim Only contract as a non Dutch EU citizen.
You can buy a separate phone in a webshop like Belsimpel.nl for example.

Kind regards, Folkert

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +14
Hi Isabelle,

As far as I know you can only subscribe to a Sim Only contract as a non Dutch EU citizen.
You can buy a separate phone in a webshop like Belsimpel.nl for example.

Kind regards, Folkert
Thanks forlkert for your reply. But this is insane or am I crazy?

Why can I then take mortgage to buy a house here but not phone loan ha ha.

Are people also taking mortgages and leaving the country?, and that a why others than dutch can't buy a house? No. If you work and doing all normal, you can.

So why not a phone.
Reputatie 6
Badge +14
Yes Isabelle, it is insane indeed that people from outside the EU with an IND sticker can get a subscription with phone. Do you have a Dutch driving license issued by the "gemeente" (not issued by the RDW) ? This might work...
Reputatie 7
Badge +8
it is kinda hard to leave the country and bring your house in your backpack. so you can get a subscription but not a loan for your phone.
Hi,

No I don't, but thanks for the help 🙂!!!
U get my point. Hidden nld.

Reageer