Beantwoord

Fraud call, fishing call

• 4 juli 2019
  • 5 reacties
  • 993 Bekeken

Recently, I kept on receiving the fishing calls from the Netherlands. Almost 3 times one day!!
I don't know what's wrong with it. It is too annoying and disturbing my life and work.

Sometimes, they said that they are from the delivery company and ask me to pick up a package. Sometimes, they said that they are from the Chinese embassy.

They changed the numbers everytime. The numbers are :
+31 717464168;+31 146406878; +1 224401758;+31 163019253; +3 1490606968;+31 404264445..... tooooo many...

Can you check this? It is too annoying. Otherwise, I want to change my number.
icon

Beste antwoord door Hajar 5 juli 2019, 08:22

Hi shiz123 and ddlaw,

I'm sorry to here you are receiving fraud calls from different numbers. Unfortunately, we cannot block these numbers. Our only advice is to not answer these calls. If you want you can change your number. I would suggest you call with our customer service so they can change it right away. They will give you several options and you can choose your preferred number.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience! If you have any other questions, please let me know!
Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

5 reacties

I just recently switched to T-Mobile and I too have been plagued with daily calls from various random numbers that are recorded Chinese messages. If I do not pick up they leave a voicemail.

I have blocked some of the numbers - but they keep calling from a different number each time. I have read it is a scam, and I am wondering what T-Mobile is doing to rectify this as it makes having a phone contract with T-Mobile a liability. I never had this issue when I was with KPN with the same number!
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi shiz123 and ddlaw,

I'm sorry to here you are receiving fraud calls from different numbers. Unfortunately, we cannot block these numbers. Our only advice is to not answer these calls. If you want you can change your number. I would suggest you call with our customer service so they can change it right away. They will give you several options and you can choose your preferred number.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience! If you have any other questions, please let me know!
The problem with "not answering" is that I have no means of distinguishing these calls from legitimate and important business or other calls. I literally would have to not pick up ANY phone calls originating from the Netherlands to make that effective - and I still would get voicemails from these calls if I don;t answer.

Retention of my number is a requirement as it is authorized/registered with certain legal authorities for fulfillment of my official duties (I am a lawyer) such that changing the number is not an option.

It is just odd that I did not have such a problem in 7 years with KPN Mobile, and they start immediately when I switched to T-Mobile and that i get up to 5-7 such calls a day. Are you telling me I should change providers?
In just the 2 hours since I have posted this message, I have received multiple Chinese robocalls. According to my research, T-Mobile is supposed to have at the carrier level "Scam Block" and "Scam ID"

Why is this not being used in the Netherlands? i was told to switch to T-Mobile because it is the best carrier in Holland and had these functions.
Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi @DLaw

We are definitely aware of these calls and are currently looking into it, hopefully something can be done about it, but that seems quite difficult.

There is already a larger topic on this subject, here we'll post any new updates and collect samples. This topic will be closed.