Beantwoord

Samsung S7 Edge Network Locked

• 31 januari 2017
  • 8 reacties
  • 381 Bekeken

I got a problem with my S7 Edge. It works well with other EU sim cards like T-Mobile or Ben sim cards but when I tried to use a roaming sim from the Philippines I got an error message "Network Lock" and wants me to input the Network lock key. Can anyone help me?
icon

Beste antwoord door Kaassausje 31 januari 2017, 15:25

Hi yoschee12.

It's the region lock preventing you from using the phone with a non-European simcard. You need to make a phone call with an European sim card (about five minutes should do it). If you don't do that, the phone simply won't connect to any non-European network.

There should've been a sticker on the box in which your phone came, the sticker states that you can use European simcards only, unless you unlock the phone by using it. If you'd like to read more about this, I suggest this article. 🙂
Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Reputatie 4
Badge +9
Hey yoschee12.

A SIM lock, simlock, network lock or subsidy lock is a technical restriction built into GSM mobile phones by mobile phone manufacturers for use by services providers to restrict the use of these phones to specific countries and/or networks.

I know that (mostly) all phones provided by T-Mobile are international and no longer have a simlock on new(er) devices.

My guess is that the Philippines SIM network is blocking you of using it because you are using it outside of the country perhaps? Without making use of it. (eg, call for xx minutes before going abroad) Have you ever tried using the SIM card in another device or did the SIM card ever work?

Regards,
Skyrider
I actually brought 2 phones from T-mobile, a black one for me and another gold S7 edge for my wife. Same model only different color. Mine works with any sim card, even the sim card from the Philippine, but when I try to put the same Sim card on my wife's phone it gets that error? Is there a way to get that Network lock code?
By the way, we brought those phones at around November 2016 and we went to the philippines at around december 2016. So we had 1 month of using the phone. One thing we never tried was to use the phone for calls in Netherlands since she has data and mainly uses whatsapp for calling instead of calling using the T-mobile network. Might this be the cause?
Hi yoschee12.

It's the region lock preventing you from using the phone with a non-European simcard. You need to make a phone call with an European sim card (about five minutes should do it). If you don't do that, the phone simply won't connect to any non-European network.

There should've been a sticker on the box in which your phone came, the sticker states that you can use European simcards only, unless you unlock the phone by using it. If you'd like to read more about this, I suggest this article. 🙂
@Kaassausje

Whoaaa! nice article! I'll try this when I get home and I'll give an update on what happened afterwards. Thanks for the inputs 🙂
No problem, that's what we're here for. 😉
It works!!! Tried calling some NL numbers for around 5mins and tried changing to a roaming sim from the Philippines and now its working perfectly!

Thanks guys! I was worried that I needed to buy an unlock code or something.
Good to hear that it worked for you. 🙂 It's simple, yet effective. 😉

Reageer