Vraag

Simkaart van buitenlandse provider in Samsung S4

• 9 april 2017
  • 3 reacties
  • 249 Bekeken

Hi,
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 through my T-Mobile some 4 years ago. For nearly 2 years now, it has been fully paid. It seems it can't host a foreigner country SIM card (i. e. from Belgium). How can I have this phone unblocked for foreign country SIM card? I can provide the IMEI number if needed.
Thanx in advance for your reply!

3 reacties

Reputatie 4
Badge +4
It is possible that the Phone has a Sim-Lock on it. This can officially only be unlocked by the party which installed said simlock on your device. Did you buy it from T-Mobile Netherlands?
Reputatie 6
Badge +17
Hi JudgeVal,

Welcome to the community! All the T-Mobile devices (except iPhones) we have sold from 2010 are all unlocked. So you should be able to use another SIM card in your phone. Did you order your Samsung S4 directly from us in combination with a subscription? What message do you get when you put a different SIM card in your phone?

Looking forward to your reply!
Reputatie 7
Badge +9
Was this phone bought from T-Mobile Netherlands, or a T-Mobile branch in a different country? T-Mobile USA, for instance?

It is possible that the Phone has a Sim-Lock on it. This can officially only be unlocked by the party which installed said simlock on your device. Did you buy it from T-Mobile Netherlands?

Not in the EU. The European Union banned SIMlocking in 2011.

EU/EEG Samsung devices have a Region Lock, which means Samsung devices won't work with non-EU SIM cards out of the box. They require you to calls for 60 minutes, use the internet for 5 minutes and send several texts with a SIM from the region of purchase before it recognizes non-EU SIM cards.

A Samsung phone bought in the Netherlands will work with Belgian SIMs out of the box.

Reageer