Beantwoord

Impossible to get new sim card

• 11 oktober 2019
  • 16 reacties
  • 805 Bekeken

• is een Top Poster
  • 8 reacties
Dear T-Mobile,

I have tried to get a new sim card multiple times since 4th October, but it looks like it is impossible.
Your customer service keeps telling me they do not know where is my new sim card, if it is been sent out already. The requesting new sim card button on the website seems to be working, but afterward comes an email that it is "mislukt". Tried it 2 times, with the same answer on both, while there is enough saldo on my account.
Online customer support chat is not working, just a bot trying to give answers from the FAQ, but could not speak with a human.
Really is it the most i can expect from T-Mobile nowadays?!
I know it sounds awful, but if i can't get a new sim card with my number until next week, i will have to move on. To KPN for example, or back to Lebara. Have no choice, because i need mobile for work (it is almost 2020....). I can still remember sometimes ago T logo were the warranty for quality service, but it seems to be far from that now.
icon

Beste antwoord door David 14 oktober 2019, 09:34

Hi @vajd0,

At this moment there is an order in place for your new sim card, which has been accepted on the 11th of October. A new sim card can be delivered within 3 work days, so hopefully your new sim will be delivered to you shortly! If you haven't received anything on Wednesday, let us know!
Bekijk origineel

16 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Ah great to hear! Sorry for the inconvenience before. I hope all is well now!

Yes it is activated now. Thanks for your help.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi Vajd0,

The new sim card needs to be activated on My T-Mobile. I see you spoke to a colleague did she activate the card? If not, can you send me the sim-card number via private message? I will activate the card for you. 

So today i have received a sim-card again from T-Mobile.
This one seems like a replacement card, because there is no new phone number anywhere and it came attached to a template paper, instead of the retail packaging.
Though when i place it in the phone, it says "Cannot register with the network" and there is no reception at all.
Activating through the "My T-Mobile" is not possible, since it is asking 
if i still have the old sim or not. First case wants to send a confirmation sms, second case is sending me to a T-Shop to activate.

Serously i can't believe to my eyes about what happened to T-Mobile. Few years ago that magenta colored T was basically equal with the highest possible quality. In 2019 the whole customer service wants to force me to a T-Shop, while completely failing to replace a customers sim-card in 4 weeks.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

I am trying my best! :blush: Let me know if it all works out. 

Yes you are right, thank you Hajar in advance. At least you are trying to solve it, not like everyone else at T.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

@vajd0 

Sorry to hear you feel that way. Mistakes do happen and we are trying our very best here. A new sim-card is on the way you can activate it via My T-Mobile. Hopefully all goes wel this time. 

Everything is just as i expected: I would like to leave tmobile because of this low qualtiy service i get here, but that is also made crazy difficult.

Are you people enjoying fooling customers?

Like 3 times i have asked for a new card at the support, everytime yes yes we send one and nothing. Than you send me a new prepaid card with different number.

Thank god that you are not doctors on a surgery or like that. Awful awful loe quality service!

I'm not going to a T-Shop, it is not 1991 anymore.… But anyway i have no time and not going to care less for my kids (for example) to go to a Tshop!

Seriously this would be the quality T-Mobile is providing in the Netherlands?! Absolutely ridicolous!

Im asking for a replacement sim card since first week of October and T is failing in every aspect: online = fail, on phone=fail, on forum=fail.

Please send a replacement already with my old number, or keep failing and let everyone laught at this kind of quality.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi@vajd0 

Sorry to hear that you received a sim-card with a new number. I asked for blanco sim-card, but apparently it got switched. I can send you a new one but that will take a couple of days. The quickest way is to go a to T-Mobile Shop. My colleagues can give you a new sim-card right away. Let me know what you prefer and I will help you further!

How unfortunate that you want to leave us. I wish we could have solved it. If you do want to leave and retain your current number and switch to Vodafone you can make use of number portability. On this page of Vodafone you can ask for number portability. 

If I can be of any assitance, please let me know!

I have received a new sim card last week, but that is with different number. How can i get back my old number? Because i need that...

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

How unfortunate that you want to leave us. I wish we could have solved it. If you do want to leave and retain your current number and switch to Vodafone you can make use of number portability. On this page of Vodafone you can ask for number portability. 

If I can be of any assitance, please let me know!

Hi Hajar,

Thanks for the detailed instructions and help, but i have already requested multiple times since 4th of October. This is more than disappointing, i think no one on this planet can afford to be without cell phone for multiple weeks. My trust towards the T-Mobile have faded away, and basically the quality was my only reason to stay. Visiting the shop with 30+ minutes of traveling after work, is just beyond my capabilities. I have almost no time...

I would like to keep my number instead at my new provider (vodafone).

Is that possible? Or T-Mobile is going to make it also hard or impossible, just to force me staying customer?

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @vajd0,

I don’t understand what is going wrong, because my colleague did send you sim-card. If you want you can purchase your sim-card at nearest T-Mobile store and i will refund the costs. I will add more credit to your PrePaid account. This way you can take the sim-card right with you. If you can’t go to a T-Mobile store I can send a card to your home. This will take a couple of days. Is the address in your account correct? If not, send me a private message with the number and address. 

Looking forward to your reply!

Nothing yet.

Goodbye T-Mobile!

Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi @vajd0,

At this moment there is an order in place for your new sim card, which has been accepted on the 11th of October. A new sim card can be delivered within 3 work days, so hopefully your new sim will be delivered to you shortly! If you haven't received anything on Wednesday, let us know!

Reageer