Beantwoord

new e sim - no service

Hello,

I just ordered an e sim online since I got an iphone 12 and would like to be able to use the dual sim function. I downloaded it and it went okay, I tried activating it 3 times and every time it said that it was successful. However, the old sim that I now have in another device, is still working (which it shouldn’t be) and the e-sim is not working because there is no service.

I don’t have the opportunity to go to a store location since I’m not in Holland right now.

I don’t know what to do. Can someone help me?

Best regards

icon

Beste antwoord door Dave 24 June 2021, 10:40

Bekijk origineel

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @hrafnhildur.m 

After scanning the QR code did you also activate the Esim in your T-Mobile account?

Hello,

yes and it said that the activation was successful. I did this a few times and everytime I got a confirmation email but then I also got another email saying that it didn’t go through.

Best regards

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

When are you coming back? I'm not sure T-Mobile can do much since you're not in Holland.

Yes, that might be true… Thankfully the old sim card still works so the phonenumber is not useless! Thank you for the answer :)

Reputatie 7

Hi @hrafnhildur.m,

I’ve checked and there is still a regular sim card active, as you have noticed as well. It appears that somewhere along the line the activation of the eSIM goes wrong (obviously, or else it would work), but this is not something we can fix from a distance. 

I wish I’d could help, but due to safety risks we can’t activate sim cards online anymore, so this has to be done by yourself via My T-Mobile or in a T-Mobile Shop. Like you stated the regular sim card fortunately still works, so luckily you’re not offline right now.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Have a nice evening!

Thank you for the reply! I will visit a store once I’m back in Holland. :)

Hello again, now I have no service and I’m out of the country still. I suppose now my physical sim card has stopped working. Can you check? What can I do about this?

Best regards,

Hrafnhildur

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @hrafnhildur.m 

Have you checked the Esim?

No, I deleted that because it wasn’t working and it was draining my battery as it was constantly searching for service. So I don’t really know how to get that back. If I go to My T-mobile and go to the Sim section it just says error. I can’t see my sim card or order a new e sim.

Reputatie 7

Hi @hrafnhildur.m,

I’ve checked your account and it seems that this is a broader issue with the activation of eSIM. I have processed a case for your account, so my colleagues of the IT department can look into this for you as well. Hopefully this will be fixed quickly and then they will contact you to let you know it has been fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience and if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Reageer