Beantwoord

Android TV Box not working good over Wifi

• 20 February 2019
  • 4 reacties
  • 420 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 1 reactie
Dear Team,
I have just switched to T-Mobile Wifi service and I have a problem in my IPTV as it is not working fine on Wi-Fi, but when I am connected to the Mobile 4G network it works perfectly. I have a Huawei HG659 router. Would you please be so kind to guide me how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
HMak
icon

Beste antwoord door Sander 26 February 2019, 11:07

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Hi @HMak, I'll be happy to help! With IPTV do you mean TV Anywhere? Our own TV Box only works with a wired connection. If you're experiencing problems with your Wifi then you can try the tips in our Wifi topic to improve the connection. Using the 5 Ghz frequency usually solves any problems you have while streaming!
Hi @Brian ,

I have my own IPTV device (Android box), i am connecting it to the 2.5G WIFI band but it is not working well as it keeps disconnecting too much, however when i have connected my box via hotspot to my mobile 4G cellular network it worked very well. Is there any possibility that the Huawei HG659 router is affecting the service?
Note: My IPTV device does not support connecting to 5G WIFI band.
Reputatie 6
@HMak As Brian already indicates, try to use an alternative to the 2.4GHz WiFi. The WiFi connection from your Android box to the HG659 might be bad compared to the situation where the WiFi hotspot is close to the Android box. I would try to connect devices that are always on their same spot and generate a constant internet traffic stream, via a network cable.

Another cause could be that there is congestion in the fixed network for the T-Mobile TV videostreams. That might be complicated to fix. For live TV, you might use the TV box from T-Mobile, as for that, T-Mobile should have more options to guarantee uninterrupted service.
Reputatie 7
Hi @HMak,

The tips of both Brian en tmoesel (thanks!) should do the trick! Prferrably you use a networkcable to connect the Android box to the modem. This way your sure of a stable and speedy connection. If you prefer Wifi, make sure you use the tips Brian mentioned: Wifi topic. You might get better results when you place the modem somewhere higher or change the Wifi frequency.

I hope this helps!

Reageer