Beantwoord

End the contract

• 22 December 2022
  • 5 reacties
  • 660 Bekeken

Hi, 

When I signed the subscription, I asked if there will be a penalty or cancellation fee if the contract is canceled before the contract end. And the salesman replied unequivocally that there will be no charge no cancellation fee, I don’t have to pay for anything. That conversation was shared with my friend who accompanied me. There was no miscommunication between me and him(the salesman) and the contract was made that way. He said “You don’t have to pay for the cancellation fee or anything, I only need your ID card and the back account.”

I’m an exchange student whose return flight was already confirmed, and I had explained my situation to the agent. Even though he knew that, he informed me that cancellation fees would not be incurred when canceling the contract.

Today I tried to cancel the contract because I’m leaving the Netherlands soon, I was informed that the cancellation fee is over 130 euros. Had I known this, I could not have fulfilled the contract. Also, he didn't give me any instructions or explain anything about the T&C, he only asked for my ID card when the contract made. I didn't even see the contract form until it was confirmed and received it in the mail.

I made the contract at the T-Mobile Shop Groningen Herestraat, and the employee who performed the contract at that time is currently unknown. Also, the store was gone and moved to a little far away (But another agent said it is the same store, they just moved). They also said that they cannot believe another agent said that way.

I cannot pay for an unannounced cancellation fee. Is this a scam targeting foreigners? I can’t believe this situation right now. 

Even the name of the employee who worked on the contract cannot be found on the contract. My friend who accompanied me is the only proof. I proceeded with the contract as he instructed, but I did not hear any other explanation about the cancellation fee, and now I cannot accept the charge.

Think about it, why would someone who would obviously be leaving the Netherlands soon go through with this deal? This is because of the irresponsible, wrong information of the staff. I can't accept this situation.

The online and local staffs just replies that they can't help and they don't know. I can't pay this amount. I hope for an answer. PLEASE.

icon

Beste antwoord door eric 22 December 2022, 16:37

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Today I tried to cancel the contract because I’m leaving the Netherlands soon, I was informed that the cancellation fee is over 130 euros. Had I known this, I could not have fulfilled the contract. Also, he didn't give me any instructions or explain anything about the T&C, he only asked for my ID card when the contract made. I didn't even see the contract form until it was confirmed and received it in the mail.

The thing is that you did get the contract and was able to translate and read it and even cancel that contract without a fee within 14 days of the start of the service. So maybe that is what the sales agent mend or where the confusion started.

In the contract the minimum running time, one year/12 months, is mentioned and by accepting these terms, it is logical that once you do not comply with theat minimum period, there is a cancellation fee.

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

@eric 

Een “boter op het hoofd” reactie. Dit voegt niets toe aan de forumpost.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

@eric

Een “boter op het hoofd” reactie. Dit voegt niets toe aan de forumpost.

Nou mijn bericht ging ten minste nog even de case van TS. Kunnen we van jouw reactie niet zeggen...

Nou mijn bericht ging ten minste nog even de case van TS. Kunnen we van jouw reactie niet zeggen...

Niet echt @eric want sorry dat ik het zeg maar;

1. TS heeft zijn abonnement in een fysieke winkel afgesloten.
  2. 14 dagen is op abonnementen afgesloten in de winkel niet van toepassing.
  3. Vertalen etc. is vaak niet mogelijk omdat overeenkomsten over het algemeen digitaal worden verstrekt waarbij soms een delay bestaat van soms wel een paar uur.

Wat T-Mobile wel aanbied i.p.v. die 14-dagen die jij benoemt? Je mag 30 dagen het netwerk testen en op basis daarvan kan je nog enigszins onder de overeenkomst uit. 

Tevens; Vaak worden klanten niet (voldoende) geïnformeerd dat ze 30 dagen de kans hebben (bij T-Mobile) om het netwerk te testen en voor buitenlanders die de Nederlandse taal niet machtig zijn komt maar wat vaak miscommunicatie voor waardoor ze voor onaangename verrassingen kunnen komen te staan.

Over die 14 dagen is trouwens niets te vinden (tenminste, niet in geval van aankopen in de fysieke shops).

@Taeyim Kang  How long was your exchange period? If the provider asks 130€ to pay look like you have taken a  two year subscription.  If you sign for a subscription of a year or two there is a penalty charges to end the contract before it ends. I don't see any information about your subscription was that aim only or you took a device with it. ? 

As you accepted the conditions on your contract. I am afraid there is no choice. Hope you will find the solution. 

I wonder why did you want a telephone subscription as you are an exchange student. You could use your own phone with wifi. 

Good luck 👍

Reageer