Beantwoord

GO 17.2 and USA

• 8 maart 2018
  • 4 reacties
  • 564 Bekeken

I'm using what is identified as GO 17.2 with 5GB data NL+EU. I have it as 2 year contract until mid of 2019.

This year, by the very end of April, I will go to US and stay there for 1 week. During that period I would like to have data coverage.

I checked travel&surf page, but I only see NL+EU packages shown - nothing for US.

I know there is in existence an option to change my bundle to unlimited with US coverage, but with 60 euros price tag just because I need internet for 1 week - I think this is not a good option (it is also not clear to me, when do I select this; my period usually starts on 10th of the month - should I do this on 9th so that it is included already next day for new monthly period?).

In short, what is the recommended option to go with for 1 week in US? I assume I could also buy card there, but I would prefer to simply add-on GB coverage for those 1 week while there...

Thank you in advance.
icon

Beste antwoord door David 8 maart 2018, 10:46

Hi Hcrvelin,

Always nice, a trip to the States! 😃

You can choose the GO USA addition at any time and you can switch this bundle monthly. So if you would choose it today, then it can be changed on the 8th of April. If you only need it for a week, then it depends on the amount of data you will use during your week. You get an additional 10 GB, so that is quite a large amount of data to use!

We also have Travel & Surf passes for data usage in the United States. The USA is regarded as zone 2, there you will find the going rates for these passes. You can get 30, 100 or 250 MB with these passes and you can always purchase another one if your first pass wasn't enough.

So it's mainly a matter of choosing the right amount of data, but you're the only one who knows what you are planning to do stateside. 😉 If you only need a little bit of data, I would recommend Travel & Surf and otherwise GO USA is a good idea!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask! Have a great trip!
Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +20
Hi Hcrvelin,

Always nice, a trip to the States! 😃

You can choose the GO USA addition at any time and you can switch this bundle monthly. So if you would choose it today, then it can be changed on the 8th of April. If you only need it for a week, then it depends on the amount of data you will use during your week. You get an additional 10 GB, so that is quite a large amount of data to use!

We also have Travel & Surf passes for data usage in the United States. The USA is regarded as zone 2, there you will find the going rates for these passes. You can get 30, 100 or 250 MB with these passes and you can always purchase another one if your first pass wasn't enough.

So it's mainly a matter of choosing the right amount of data, but you're the only one who knows what you are planning to do stateside. 😉 If you only need a little bit of data, I would recommend Travel & Surf and otherwise GO USA is a good idea!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask! Have a great trip!
Thank you for your response... 10GB is obviously too much for me as 5GB covers my monthly needs while in NL and EU so for one week in US it would be overkill.

Travel&Surf is something where I'm getting confused. When I go to travel&surf page all I see is EU options without US being mentioned at all (see attached screenshot). So, it is hard for me to plan this as I do not know if US option becomes available once my whereabouts are identified to be in US or type of my contract is such that is excludes US (hard to believe that is the case as such option should always be add-on feature). So, at this point, from what I see when I log onto my account and go to Travel&Surf, is no US option so I even can't do calculation on how much that would cost me.

... or am I missing something obvious? 🙂
Those are refillers for your internetbundle. You can only buy a Travel&Surf bundle when you're actually roaming.

You might be overlooking the fact that David posted this link. It's in Dutch, but it has the information you need regarding the costs:

Thank you for your response. I have seen it before, but it felt more like MB based program and was expecting something more like what travel&surf offers otherwise like 1GB or unlimited per day offers (I assume with MB bundles, GO with US bundle is better as 4x250MB already costs almost as whole 10GB which includes US).

Reageer