Beantwoord

Ordering new sim only plan in advance

• 26 juni 2020
  • 6 reacties
  • 367 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties

Hi,

I want to order a new sim only plan and want to port my number to T-Mobile as well. Due to the corona ciris, I am currently not in the Netherlands, but I plan to be there on the 13th of July. I will be there for 1 or 2 days, before returning to NL permanently in August. Ideally, I would like to order the sim card in advance, so I can use it as soon after getting there. Is this possible?

Alternatively, would it be possible to have the sim card sent abroad to me in Germany so I can activate it soon? I need to have the card working on the 13th of July, so ideally the number porting should happen before or after this date, but not on it.

The plan I’m interested in is the GO-deal, 2 year period with 5GB+120 min/SMS.

Could you please help me out? Thanks!

PS: Sorry about this being in English, ik spreek geen Nederlands :-/

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 26 juni 2020, 17:58

Hello @ojas 

Do you have a prepaid plan now or a subscription with another provider?

An option is to order a new subscription with a new number, it will be delivered within a few working days to your house in the Netherlands.

Your sim will be active straight away and afterwards when you are here you can easily port your current number to your new T-mobile simcard via your MY T-mobile account.

T-mobile does only send to addresses within the Netherlands.

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hello @ojas 

Do you have a prepaid plan now or a subscription with another provider?

An option is to order a new subscription with a new number, it will be delivered within a few working days to your house in the Netherlands.

Your sim will be active straight away and afterwards when you are here you can easily port your current number to your new T-mobile simcard via your MY T-mobile account.

T-mobile does only send to addresses within the Netherlands.

Hey @Waqqas ,

Thanks for your reply! I’ve got a prepaid plan now with simyo. Nice to hear that I can port the number even after the sim becomes active. Is it possible to choose the date when the SIM becomes active? Also, is there a time limit between when I get the sim card at my address in the mail and actually using it in my phone, or is it fine if that takes a while?

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

@ojas 

It will be active straight away and choosing a specific date for the sim to be active cannot be choosen unfortunately.

When you place your order on like the 7th of July there shouldn't be a problem when using on the 13th i guess.

Reputatie 5
Badge +4

You can buy the card also in a T-Mobile shop when you are visiting NL and have the card immediately.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

One more thing.

I came from Tele2 and my number was ready to be ported to T-mobile. When I received the simcard it was active with my own number on it.

I think the simcard only arrives not activated when you have another subscription with a one month cancellation period to avoid dubble monthly costs.

So if the number is ready to be ported you can also choose for a new subscription with number being ported and your simcard will arrive activated because porting a number from a sim whose number is ready to be ported takes 2 working days I guess.

Alright, perfect - thanks for your help!

Reageer